Deprecated - Custom Field Type: Select Many – List Box
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
Displays as a List box in Edit mode. Displays as a list of values the user can select multiple values. The user needs to use Control + Click to select multiple items or Shift + Click to select a set of contiguous items.
|Custom Field ID||The unique ID number associated with the custom field.||Not Applicable|
|Field Type||The list of available Field Types.||@fieldtype@|
|Field Name||The name of the field, used internally to reference the user's input;||@fieldname@|
|Caption||The leading question or prologue before the field.||@caption@|
|Display Order||The order (relative to other fields) in which this field is displayed.||@displayorder@|
|Description||Definition and general description of the custom field. Will not be displayed.||@description@|
- Mandatory: Selecting this option means that this field is required and must be completed.
- Searchable: This field can be searched within the tracking application.
- Track Changes: Keeps track of changes made to this field.
- Enable Multiple Select: Enables users to select multiple values from the listed values.
- Show Display Value in List Views: By default, the stored value is shown when fields are referenced in List Views. Selecting this option will display the display value.
- Enable Server-Side Validation - See Server-Side Validation page for details.
Enable KML: Used to upload a KML file which is used to display geographic data on a map.
- Disable Quick Edit: Disables this field from being selectable in Quick Edit on a List View.
- Label Display: Determines the location of the field caption. Options include: Left of Field, Above Field, No Caption, Hide Caption. Note: this option was previously called Label Display. (See examples here.)
- On New Record: Controls how the field should be displayed until record has been saved once.
- Always Display: Field will be exposed both before and after the record is saved.
- Hide on New Record: Field will be hidden until record is saved.
- Only Show on New Record: Field will be exposed until record is saved, and then it will be hidden. This option is useful for fields that provide instructions for filling out forms before saving.
- SmartField View - Include or exclude this field from SmartField Views (@SmartFields@) or only display this field for SmartField Views. See SmartField View for further details.
- Parent Field - See Conditional Lists of Values page.
Special Options for Field
Values: The values to be used in the list box delimited by a semi-colon with no spaces
Note: If you want the value(s) stored in the field to be different from what is displayed beside in list box you can use the following syntax in the Values section:
The value before the equal sign will be stored. The value after the equal sign is what will be displayed in the list box, but does not get saved.
- Visibility Condition: See the Visibility Condition Wiki page.
- Field Permission Matrix: See the Field Permission Matrix Wiki page.
- Services: When services are enabled, the caption of the field will acquire a dotted underline. The services can be accessed by hovering your mouse over the field caption.
- Enable Map Service: Enables the map icon that will launch the user’s selected map service (configured in Personal Settings) and display a map of the content of the field.
- Enable People Search Service: Enables the people search icon that will launch a variety of search services and display the contact details from those services.
- Enable Organization Search Service: Enables the organization search icon that will launch a variety of search services and display the organization's details from those services.
|Mandatory||Selecting this option means that this field is required and must be completed.||Not Applicable|
|Custom Validation||-||Not Applicable|
|Failed Validation Message||Message displayed if validation fails.||Not Applicable|
- Value Storage: Enables linking two different custom fields to the same user data. See Value Stores To page.
- Field Formatting Options: See the Field Formatting Options Wiki page.
- Role - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by Role who is allowed to view and/or modify the field.
- Status - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the Status of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
- Type - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the template of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)