Level 1 Types
- A unique Level 1 Workflow, which will trigger whenever a new item using this type is added.
- A unique Level 2 Workflow, which will trigger whenever a new item using this type is added.
- A set of forms that are to be associated with the Level 1 item.
- The list of statuses that you wish to associate with the specific type.
- An external Internet-available web page that can be used to create new Level 1 items.
- A set of custom fields.
Creating Level 1 Types
You can create and modify Types by clicking the Types link on the Settings tab of your UTA.
- Existing Types are listed.
- Details of each type can be accessed by clicking on the Edit button for the specific Type.
L1 Type Settings
The L1 Type Settings page has the following links to other configuration pages:
- Types & Statuses - See the Types & Statuses page for information.
- Template Page - See Template Page for information.
- Level 1 Custom Fields - Brings you to the Custom Fields page relevant to this type.
Each L1 Type Settings page has the following settings:
- Type ID - Internal system ID used to reference the Type.
- Language - Allows you to create a language-specific display name for the Type.
- Name - Name for the Type.
- Caption - Default display name for the Type.
- Display Order - The order that types are displayed in the type combo box.
- Use Internal Formatting - Selected when types are configured as external pages, so the formatting and functionality of the external page will reflect the display and operation of the internal pages.
- Restricted to - A single internal company that can use this type.
- Level 1 Workflow - A workflow connected to this type. See Enabling Workflows in the UTA.
- Level 2 Workflow - A workflow connected to Level 2 activities connected to a Level 1 item based on this type. See Enabling Workflows in the UTA.
- UTA Role Assignment Workflow - Allows you to define one or more UTA Role Assignment Workflows that are triggered by this Type.
- UTA Company Assignment Workflow - Allows you to define one or more UTA Company Assignment Workflows that are triggered by this Type.
- Description - Any comments or notes you wish to include. Note: These don't manifest anywhere except on this page.
- Master Schedule Enabled - See Master Schedule Template.
- Access Roles - Sets the roles able to access records associated with this type.
- Creation Roles - Sets the roles that are able to create records with this type.
- Template Formula - One or more formulas or expressions associated with the type, which are automatically executed whenever a Level 1 item associated with this type is saved. (See Template / Type Formula)
- ID Used - Used in conjunction with Template Formula above: if not left blank, Template Formulas are restricted to process variables only from the Custom Field IDs that are entered here.
Associating Types with Statuses
You can also navigate into the Status Settings then populate the Enabled on Level 1 Types field with the types you wish to make the status available against.
Type Custom Fields
You can define Custom Fields that will appear only on the Level 1 records of a given Type.
- To define these fields, click on the Fields button next to the relevant Type. Then create the desired custom fields in the normal fashion.
- The Display Order of the Custom Fields you create on a Type works in conjunction with the Display Order on any general Level 1 Custom Fields that have been defined.
- For example, if you have a Custom Field on a Level 1 Type with Display Order of 15, it would appear between the global Level 1 custom fields with display orders of 10 and 20.
|Statuses||Search Panel Options|