Master Schedule Template
When creating a Master Schedule the startdate, enddate, starttime and endtime of the Level 1 record and associated Level 2 records should be created to reflect the standard schedule. The actual dates you choose don't matter: only their relationship to each other. When you copy the Master Schedule Template to create an actual schedule you will be asked to provide the startdate for the Level 1 record. All other date and time standard fields will then be created on the new records to ensure the offset between the new dates and times matches the offset of the Level 1 Master Schedule startdate and it's Level 2s.
Once your Level 1 Master Schedule template record has been created with all necessary Level 2 records, with the correct relative timespans between the Level 2 date/time Standard Fields and the Level 1 startdate it can be copied as many times as required.
Open the Level 1 Master Schedule Template record in either View or Edit mode and click on the Copy button.
- If you do not see the Copy button it may be because there is Advanced Logic in place within the UTA that is restricting it.
Select the options as outlined below:
Ensure Copy Target is New
- Level 1 Standard Field data on the Master Template will ALWAYS be copied to the new Level 1.
- Level 2 Standard Fields AND Custom Field data on the Level 2s attached to the Master Template will ALWAYS be copied to the new Level 2 records.
- The Level 1 Person field will always be blank on the new record.
- The Level 1 Owner fill will be populated with the name of the person who created the copy.
- Level 2 Contacts and Owner are NEVER copied from the Level 2s on the Master Template to the new Level 2 records.
- If a Company is selected in the Client Standard Field and/or a Branch is selected in the Branch they will ALWAYS be copied to the new Level 1 record.
Select the Master Schedule Copy check box.
Once the new record set has been created it is best practice to change the template type of the new Level 1. In general, only one copy of each differing schedule should be kept on the Master Template Level 1 Template. The exception being if you have similar schedules with different Standard and or Custom Fields in which case copying and retaining the new Master Schedule and revising it will be much easier than manually creating another similar or identical schedule.