Deprecated - Custom Field Type: Display Only – Text or System Object
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
Example #1 Static text
Example #2 Chart
Displays a block of static text for instructional purposes, or a link to some other SmartSimple entity (or external URL). Typically, this field type is used to embed a chart into some related entity. For example, a chart of the user’s login history into their profile.
|Custom Field ID||The unique ID number associated with the custom field.||Not Applicable|
|Field Type||The list of available Field Types.||@fieldtype@|
|Field Name||The name of the field, used internally to reference the user's input;||@fieldname@|
|Caption||The leading question or prologue before the field.||@caption@|
|Display Order||The order (relative to other fields) in which this field is displayed.||@displayorder@|
|Description||Definition and general description of the custom field. Will not be displayed.||@description@|
- Label Display: Determines the location of the field caption. Options include: Left of Field, Above Field, No Caption, Hide Caption. Note: this option was previously called Label Display. (See examples here.)
- On New Record: Controls how the field should be displayed until record has been saved once.
- Always Display: Field will be exposed both before and after the record is saved.
- Hide on New Record: Field will be hidden until record is saved.
- Only Show on New Record: Field will be exposed until record is saved, and then it will be hidden. This option is useful for fields that provide instructions for filling out forms before saving.
- SmartField View - Include or exclude this field from SmartField Views (@SmartFields@) or only display this field for SmartField Views. See SmartField View for further details.
Special Options for Field
- Text/Link - Supports both static text for display purposes or system links such as a report or chart link.
- Visibility Condition: See the Visibility Condition Wiki page.
- Field Permission Matrix: See the Field Permission Matrix Wiki page.
- Services: When services are enabled, the caption of the field will acquire a dotted underline. The services can be accessed by hovering your mouse over the field caption.
- Enable Map Service: Enables the map icon that will launch the user’s selected map service (configured in Personal Settings) and display a map of the content of the field.
- Enable People Search Service: Enables the people search icon that will launch a variety of search services and display the contact details from those services.
- Enable Organization Search Service: Enables the organization search icon that will launch a variety of search services and display the organization's details from those services.
- Field Formatting Options: See the Field Formatting Options Wiki page.
- Role - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by Role who is allowed to view and/or modify the field.
- Status - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the Status of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
- Type - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the template of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
- This field supports HTML for additional formatting.
- This field is similar to Read Only - Text, but also allows inclusion of report chart URLs when you need to append the objectid to the chart so it will only report based on the current object.