The terminology settings control the labels that you wish to associate with Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 items. Once these items are set, the application, including the configuration page, will be relabeled.
1. Set the terminology as shown below:
2. Click any of the Save buttons.
3. Review the Configuration page.
All references to Level 1 have been replaced with Grant, and Level 2 references with Activity.
The field settings control the display of fields in two areas:
- The fields from the application that should be displayed in the Workflow List (Communications, Workflow requests menu). This feature is only relevant if you attach a workflow to your application.
- The fields from the activity (Level 2) that should be displayed on the contact’s calendar from the activity. This feature is only applicable if you enable the “Enable Activity on Contact Calendar” check box in the Account & Contact settings.
Setting Application Permissions
1. Click the View Applications tab.
In order to see the application in our current login session, you will need to refresh or reload the browser.
2. Refresh or reload your browser.
The application is displayed in the Applications menu.
3. Click on the application name in the menu.
The application window is displayed.
This system has set the default for your view to the first tab. If you click on any other tab the system will remember the last tab viewed and always display the same tab the next time you access the application.
Six tabs are displayed below the application title bar.
- My Activities – This tab will list Level 2 activities where the current user is assigned. If you have not enabled Level 2 activities, this tab will not be displayed.
- Accounts – This tab lists all accounts in the current copy of SmartSimple (subject to permissions that have been previously established). This tab can be suppressed.
- Contacts – This tab lists all contacts in the current copy of SmartSimple (subject to permissions that have been previously established). This tab can also be suppressed.
- Contracts – This tab will display contracts (Level 1 item) and provide ability to create new contracts. Contracts can also be created directly from the account window as you enabled the New Contract on the New, Account menu.
- Activities – Display all activities (Level 2 items) across all contracts. If you have not enabled Level 2 activities, this tab will not be displayed.
- Reports – Access to the reporting features of SmartSimple.
The current view is the standard view a user would see when accessing your application. The Settings tab, normally used to manage an application, is not displayed.
Setting UTA Manager Permissions
You need to enable a manager permission to see the Settings tab before you can configure the application any further.
2. Click the Manager Permissions link.
There are four permissions specific to each application you create.
- Manager Permission – This is indicated by the name of the application that you create, in this case, Contract Tracker.
- View Activity Only – This permission restricts access to the application to just the Level 2 activities associated with the logged in user.
- Override Template Restriction – Later you will see that specific Level 1 templates can be restricted to specific organisation units. For example, perhaps only people in the legal department can create Non-Disclosure agreements. This permission overrides the restriction.
- View Read Time History – Indicates which role can see who looked at each Level 1 or Level 2 item.
3. Set the Contract Tracker Manager Permission to a role that you are currently in.
4. Click the Save button.
5. Click on the application name in the menu.
The settings tab is now displayed.
6. Click the Settings tab.
The Settings Page is now displayed.
- Organization Terminology (for changing terminology for contacts/organizations throughout your copy of SmartSimple)
|Relating Contacts and Accounts to the Universal Tracking Application||Adding Standard and Custom Fields to Level 1|