Configuring Your Personal Settings in Referral Tracking
Logging into SmartSimple
1. Start your Web Browser (generally Internet Explorer or FireFox).
The login page is displayed.
3. Type your e-mail address – minus your company’s domain name (the part of the email address after the “@” sign).
4. Type your password.
5. Click the Login button.
You are logged into SmartSimple.
Your screen may look different based on the options that were selected for you by your system administrator.
SmartSimple Screen Layout
In the screenshot above the referral list is displayed in this area.
Top Menu Bar
The top menu bar provides access to the following features:
The company name displayed at the top of this area can be replaced by a company logo or alternative text.
- Pin Board – post general interest messages for everyone in the company to see.
- Email – access to your email from within SmartSimple.
- Quick Messages - access to SmartSimple quick message features.
- Calendars – access to your personal calendar and other calendars for other staff and evaluators.
- Contacts – access to all contacts in the system.
- Discussions – access to discussion groups that you have access to.
- Workflow Requests – Outstanding tasks that you must complete based on SmartSimple workflows, tasks that other people must complete where you are participating in some steps in the workflows. This menu also lists project tasks that you are assigned to complete.
- View Reports – preview reports and dashboards that you are enabled to use, or create new reports or dashboards.
- Search People – search for anyone’s information in your copy of SmartSimple – similar to contacts but with more extensive searching capabilities.
- My Company – Displays a tree view of the people that work in your department, division, or branch of the company.
- Internal People – displays a similar tree view of all the offices and people working for your company.
- External People – displays a similar tree view of all other companies and people that do not work for your company. This will include insurance companies, evaluators, lawyers, and anyone else you add to the system.
- Tracking Applications – custom applications that you can create within SmartSimple.
- Personal Settings – controls your specific settings such as password, language, date formats, editor preferences, menu layout, and wireless access.
- Global Settings – controls the global configuration including; licensing, backup settings, Colours & Fonts, custom fields, workflows, ledger codes, and signup pages.
- Roles & Permissions – provides access to define user roles, account categories, manager permissions, and notes permissions.
- FeedBack – Use this form to provide SmartSimple help desk personnel with direct feedback on your use of the system.
- Knowledge Base – Searchable database of questions and answers. You can ask your own questions through this section, and a SmartSimple Support Technician will answer your questions via email, and then post the answers into the Knowledge base.
- Downloads – Provides access to downloadable SmartSimple enhancement features and Category:Plug-Ins for Microsoft Office: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Folder integration, as well as downloadable documentation, such as this manual and various data sheets. MS-Word Plug-in required to create letters in MS-Word from SmartSimple is accessible from this page. This program may have been installed as part of your company’s installation process.
- System Guides – Searchable version of this manual and other SmartSimple documents.
- About SmartSimple – Displays the version number and security level for this copy of SmartSimple and the browser system requirements to access SmartSimple.
- People Online displays a list of users currently on line.
- You can send an instant or an email message to someone by clicking on their name in the People Online window.
- If a user has the chat window open there will be a chat icon in front of the user’s name.
Click on your own name to add an icon to you name indicating where you are currently working.