The Reader Log feature within the Universal Tracking Application is used to track any user that views or edits a Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 record. How long they viewed/edited the record is also recorded. The report uses the server time, in 30 second increments.
This feature is required in regulated sectors such as Medical Case Management where the information is private and should not be viewed without a specific purpose.
Two steps are required to activate this functionality;
- 1) Enable the option at each level
- 2) Provide the relevant Roles with permission to see these logs.
Enabling Reader Logs
The Reader Log setting is associated with each enabled level of the application.
Setting the Manager Permission to See the Reader Log
When the Reader Log is enabled, only users that have been provided with the associated Manager Permission will be able to view the log.
The Manager Permission can be enabled as follows:
4. Enable the View Reader Log History check box for a role that you are in.
5. Click the Save button.
Viewing a Reader Log
Note the Reader Log tab on the Contract window.
- Open the relevant Level 1, Level 2 or Level 3 record, either in View mode or Edit mode (depending on whether you want to see the Reader Log for viewing the record, or for editing the record).
- Click the Reader Log tab.
The Reader Log is displayed: