Benefits of a Shadow Application
A shadow application is a second Universal Tracking Application linked to an original UTA. The purpose of a shadow application is to provide an alternative interface to a UTA in circumstances where the security matrix and field level security is not sufficient. Typical uses of a shadow application would be:
- Providing the same UTA in a different language. In this scenario the labels of the standard fields in the shadow application would be added in the alternative language. Alternative language versions of each custom field would be created, and each field mapped to the original custom field.
- Providing simplified Access to an existing UTA. In this scenario, limited standard fields would be selected (though the parent application may include all standard fields), custom fields are restricted by role, and the list views of the application can be controlled separately to the original application.
- You can control how many levels from the parent application you wish to use.
- You can control which Templates (Level 1) or Types (Level 2 only) are available in the Shadow Application.
- You can control which Statuses are available in the Shadow Application.
- You can set custom Submit Logic for the Shadow Application. If no submit logic is set, then the submit logic from the parent UTA will be used.
You can consider this application as a “customer” view of their contracts.
- Creating and Enabling a Shadow Application
- Setting Manager Permission to the Shadow Application
- Configuring Templates and Statuses in a Shadow Application
- Security Matrix and the Shadow Applications