Previous Upgrade: September 2013
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our September 2013 upgrade.
To watch these videos full screen, click on the YouTube link
- 1 Global System Upgrades
- 2 On-Demand System Upgrades
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the September 2013 upgrade to your server:
Consolidation of Submit Logic Failure Messages
- In order to assist end users complete forms with multiple Submit Logic validations, SmartSimple will now display all alert messages configured with Submit Logic into a consolidated alert window.
Revisions to User Interface
- Users of SmartSimple's next generation interface - Arcadia - may notice minor revisions to the user interface, such as new tab bars and changes to the title bars on records.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator:
New Feature: Recently-Viewed Objects
- When enabled through Manager Permissions, a new right-hand panel titled "Recently Viewed" can be shown containing a list of the most recently-viewed records. Users can then click on their most recently-viewed records to navigate easily through the system.
- The Recently Viewed panel can be locked to always be shown on the right-hand side of the SmartSimple window, or, by default, will close when a recently-viewed record is selected.
New Feature: Reports Caching
- System Administrators can now schedule reports to be run periodically (daily, weekly, monthly).
- Scheduled reports can be configured to store custom field values to SmartSimple records, allowing for the periodic aggregation of data.
- The following types of SmartSimple records can be updated:
- Typical use cases might include:
- On a monthly basis, automatically storing the total number of reviews that have been performed by a given user on their contact profile.
- On a weekly basis, automatically updating a user's profile to indicate whether or not timesheets have been filled out in SmartSimple.
- On a daily basis, automatically updating on a company's profile a summation of the total number of grants for which contacts of that organization has applied.
Arcadia - Basing Summary Cross-tab on Standard Fields
- One of the key features of SmartSimple's next-generation Arcadia interface is its Summary Matrix, which displays a cross-tabbed view of the records in a SmartSimple application.
- The default display of the cross-tabbed view is to break out an application's statuses as column headings and its templates as the row headings:
- The September 2013 upgrade allows system administrators to configure the Arcadia interface to enable the Customer, Branch, Person and Owner standard fields as row headings as alternate methods of displaying data summaries.
Setting Alignment of Columns in Report Builder
- Columns in reports can now be set in the Report Builder to be left-, right- or center-aligned without resorting to custom HTML.