- By clicking on the hyperlink labelled "Recent" in the top right corner of the user's screen, a right-hand panel titled "Recent" can be shown containing a list of the most recently-viewed records. Users can then click on their most recently-viewed records to navigate easily through the system.
- The Recently Viewed panel can be locked to always be shown on the right-hand side of the SmartSimple window, or, by default, will close when a recently-viewed record is selected.
- The following recently-viewed SmartSimple objects are accessible from the Recently Viewed panel:
Note: The recently-viewed feature will display the information from the following fields for the respective SmartSimple objects:
- Contact record - Full Name (First Name and Last Name Standard Fields)
- Organization record - Name Standard Field
- UTA record Level 1 - Title Standard Field
- UTA record Level 2 - Subject Standard Field
- UTA record Level 3 - Subject Standard Field
- Transaction - Subject Standard Field
- Reports - Report name
- Settings Page - name of Settings Page or Custom Field
Disabling the Recently Viewed Feature
This feature can be disabled by system role. To disable the Recently Viewed Feature, take the following steps:
- Click the Configuration, Roles & Permissions menu.
- Under Manager Permissions, click on the System Permissions link.
- Under Restrictions Title bar click on Disable Recent/Action Bar option.
- Select the roles which should not have access to the Recently Viewed panel.
Using the Recently Viewed Feature
To navigate to a recently-viewed record, simply click on the entry in the Recent panel.
Locking the Recently Viewed Frame
Clicking on the "Lock Recent Panel" icon () will toggle back and forth between a state where the Recently Viewed panel is always shown, and one where the Recently Viewed panel is hidden whenever a record is clicked upon. When the pinhead icon is red, the Recently Viewed panel is always shown.