Previous Upgrade: October 2012
The following features were implemented as part of the upgrade cycle which commenced in October 2012
Click on any hyper-linked heading to go to the associated Wiki article for detailed information
- A new version of SmartSimple's Add-In for Microsoft Outlook has been released an will be available in the Downloads section. The Outlook Add-In will synchronize Contacts / Companies and Calendars, as well as the ability to attach emails to either contacts or Level 1 records. This version replaces all previous versions.
- There is now a Group Email button at the bottom of UTA List Views when enabled in Advanced Logic. By filtering using the List View Search, a specific set of records can be included in the Group Email recipient list. The "Owner" and "Person" standard fields are also available as recipients for Group E-mails.
- When using the "Forgot Password" option on the Login Page, the e-mail will now be sent out immediately.
Standard and Custom Fields
- HTML entered into the template on a Web Page View Field will be displayed with syntax highlighting.
- If a Tool Tip has been defined on a custom field, the field name caption will display with a dotted underline indicating that the user can "mouse-over" the field name and Tip text will appear. Also, if there are field services (e.g. Map or People Search) or Track History enabled, then those options will be displayed by hovering the mouse over the field.
- Additional capabilities have been added to the Browser Script custom field which allow it to trigger system functions (e.g. workflow, activate user) with options to trigger on load, on save, or on demand.
- A new custom field setting (Type Field Permissions) has been added to make it easy to select the level 1 template(s) and level 2 types on which a field will be visible, rather than using the visibility condition.
- Add new user
- Remove a user role
- Activate a user
- Deactivate a user
- "Update Custom Field Value" and "Change Status" tasks have been added to transaction Workflows.
- Custom Field Settings are now available as a Recordset table for reports to show the properties of custom fields configured on your system.
- You can set any report to ignore the Global Report Template and use the template defined in the report settings.
- Contact and Company events can now be uploaded using the autoloader.
- Ability to load to "Owner" or "Person" standard field and match to a custom field on the contact.
- Transactions can now be autoloaded and attached to Level 2 records.
- Two new date functions have been added:
- @date(currentdate)@ will return current server date as YYYY-MM-DD
- @datetime(currentdate)@ will return current server time as YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS
- A setting to specify where a note type is available in the system. You can restrict note types available to the following entities:
- Events / Activities
- UTA Level 1
- UTA Level 2
- A new UTA setting will allow you to define a template for the browser to use when the user deletes the record that they are currently on, rather than being brought back to the parent record. This can be applied to all UTA Levels (1, 2 & 3) under UTA Entity settings.
- An "All Record" check box has been added on the deleted companies/contacts list view so that when selected, it can restore or purge all records in the database that are flagged as deleted.
- Two new manager permissions have been added for Sales Tracking Opportunities:
- "Sales Tracking - Hide Settings Tab" - hides the settings tab based on role for Opportunities in Sales Tracking.
- "Sales Tracking - Restrict Deleting Opportunities" - restricts deleting Opportunities for specific roles on both List View and while editing the Opportunity in the Sales Tracking application.
- Provides the ability to access rootcompany objects through the variable processor.
- The maximum number of records that appear in a Ajax list has increased to 50.
- The SmartSimple currency function, ssFormatCurrency(num) has been updated to accept any currency symbol. The format of the function is now: ssFormatCurrency(num,sym)