Previous Upgrade: May 19th 2011
The following features were implemented as part of the upgrade cycle which commenced on May 19th 2011.
Click on any heading to go to the associated Wiki article for detailed information
- 1 Security
- 2 Standard and Custom Fields
- 3 UTA Enhancements
- 3.1 Level 1 Status Indicator
- 3.2 Default Contact Role
- 3.3 Level 1 Template Branch Restriction
- 3.4 Quick Entry
- 3.5 List View Heading
- 3.6 "Is Empty" Search
- 3.7 Lock on Type
- 3.8 Creation Roles
- 3.9 Available Statuses
- 3.10 Recurring Activities
- 3.11 Level 2 Contact Calendar Status
- 3.12 Assign By Role Expansion
- 3.13 Invoice Status Batch Update
- 3.14 Void Invoice
- 3.15 UTA Role Custom Fields
- 3.16 Group Contact Assignment
- 3.17 Multiple Contact/Company List
- 3.18 Aggregation UTA
- 3.19 Data Exchange
- 3.20 UTA Connection List View
- 3.21 Template Pages
- 4 Contacts and Companies
- 5 Workflows
- 6 Reports
- 7 Variables
- 8 Misc
A different password policy can be defined for each company which will automatically apply to all sub-companies in the hierarchy, unless they have defined their own password policy.
- Rather than having to log in to SmartSimple each time you open your web browser, a "cookie" can be installed on your computer that will automatically authenticate you, allowing you to bypass the login screen. (This setting can be enabled or disabled by your system administrator).
- The ability to send e-mails from within SmartSimple can be restricted by user role.
- Access to the backup server can be disabled for all non-Global User Administrator accounts.
- A new command called ssEncrypt allows object IDs to be encrypted manually
- A new setting will encrypt object IDs such as userid, companyid, activity. This enhances security by making it impossible to guess URLs.
Standard and Custom Fields
A conditional statement can be entered to control whether standard fields appear as editable or read only. The conditions can be based on role, status, or other criteria. This feature applies to company, contact and Universal Tracking Application standard fields.
The captions displayed on custom fields can be configured for multiple languages. When viewing a record the personal language setting for each user will determine which language is displayed to them.
New Custom Field Type: Special - Hand Drawing
This field type stores freehand drawings done either with a mouse or touch sensitive screen. The background image can be defined, as well as the colours to be used and patterns/images that can be "stamped" onto the image.
The "Display Only - Image" custom field has a setting that enables a web cam attached to the computer to be used as the source of the image to be stored in this field type.
When using the Multiple Files custom field you can enable the document console. This allows you to easily preview and print the documents.
File Upload with Proxy Server
We have also introduced a new multiple file upload tool that can be enabled if your office connects to the internet via a proxy server.
- A graphical indicator can be enabled which will appear at the top of the Level 1 record to show the status pathway and indicate the position of the current record along the path.
Default Contact Role
- --Select Role-- can be set as the default role in the Level 1 contacts section to ensure a role is selected and not left at the first role listed.
Level 1 Template Branch Restriction
- Level 1 templates can be restricted to any number of internal branches, rather than just one.
- The Quick Entry method of creating multiple Level 2 items has been enhanced. Up to ten records can be created at once with any combination of Level 2 Types, and the custom fields that appear on the quick entry page can be selected. Additionally, an auto-number can be assigned to all records at the time of creation.
List View Heading
- The column headings in the list views can be defined on the list view settings page. This applies to Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Invoices, Contacts and Companies.
"Is Empty" Search
- Standard and custom fields and Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 records can be searched to find empty values using the "Is Empty" search option.
- Level 2 and Level 3 records can have their type locked after creation to prevent it from being changed.
- The user roles that are permitted to create each Level 2 and Level 3 record type can be configured separately.
- The statuses that are available to each type of Level 2 or Level 3 record can be defined.
- Similarly, you can define which other statuses are available from each status. This is for Level 2 and Level 3.
- Recurring activities can be scheduled weekly on multiple days of the week.
Level 2 Contact Calendar Status
- When displaying Level 2 records on the contact calendar, the records that are shown for each Level 2 type can be controlled by status.
Assign By Role Expansion
- Can now be done from Level 2 to Level 3, or Level 1 to Level 3
- Controlled by Manager Permission
Invoice Status Batch Update
- Invoice status can now be changed using batch update.
- A button to automatically void invoices has been introduced. Visibility of the button is controlled by Advanced Logic.
UTA Role Custom Fields
- UTA Role Custom Fields at Level 1 and Level 2 as well as Associations can be defined to appear for all user roles.
Group Contact Assignment
- When the multiple contact list is enabled, groups of contacts can now be assigned at Level 2 and Level 3 in the same manner as they are at Level 1. Advanced Logic has been introduced to allow this feature to be suppressed at Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Multiple Contact/Company List
- When the Level 2 multiple contact or company lists are enabled they can now be re-positioned below the custom fields, in the same relative location as they appear at Level 1.
- Creating an aggregation UTA will facilitate creating reports that span multiple related UTAs by defining the association between equivalent fields in each UTA.
- Settings have been added to specify "preserve template", "preserve type", "reject new template" and "reject new type" (Level 2 and Level 3). Additionally there is a new setting to prevent the exchange of new Level 2 records.
UTA Connection List View
- The fields to be shown in the UTA connection list view can be selected when the consumer/provider relationship is enabled.
- Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 Template pages now go through the variable processor. This means you can include variables directly on the template page.
Contacts and Companies
Contact/Company Ajax Search
The fields that are searched and displayed when using the Ajax Lookup can be defined for Contacts and Companies. The column headings can also be customised.
- User can also specify how many matching records are displayed as Ajax results on their system settings page. (10, 15, 20 or 30)
Edit Contact Logic
- Global Advanced Logic has been added to allow control of who is permitted to edit contact records.
Contact/Account List View
- The column headings in the standard Contact and Company list views can be defined on theList View settings page.
- The Create Activity workflow task can now be used at Level 2 to create one or more Level 3 activities.
- Workflow task types Request for Comment and Request for Approval at Level 2 and Level 3 can now be configured to display the record either in view or in edit mode.
- Graphs such as bar and pie charts created from SmartSimple reports can be displayed using Flash animation.
- New dashboard layout configurations of 1x7, 1x8, 1x9 and 1x10.
- Values can now be changed to standard currency formats using the following syntax: @format(FIELD NAME,currency,CURRENCYCODE)@
- A global System Library has been added that can be accessed as system variables. The available values and functions can be found under System Variables on the Global Settings page. The syntax is: @system.library.variable name@
- When viewing the list of custom fields will identify those that are using System Library variables.
System Variable Pre-processing
- Variables within System Variables will be pre-processed to allow dynamic selection of the appropriate variable. The syntax to be used is: @system2.@variable name@@
- System variables appearing within other system variables is also now supported.
- A global auto-number field can be specified as a System Variable. This will allow sequential numbers to be provided across different objects and/or in different UTAs.
A manager permission has been implemented to provide read-only access to the message queue. Previously only Global Administrators had access.
Multi-File Upload Applet
Use of the multi-file upload tool can be restricted by role using a manager permission.