Previous Upgrade: July 2014
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our July 2014 upgrade.
To watch these videos full screen, click on the YouTube link
- 1 Global System Upgrades
- 2 On-Demand System Upgrades
- 3 Beta Previews
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the July 2014 upgrade to your server:
Enhanced Date Selection
- The date selection window has been updated with a new look and feel.
Enhanced Calendar Event Coloring
- The calendar has been enhanced with the ability to switch to event-based coloring. Users will be able to switch between event coloring based on Event Type or the current calendar-based coloring on the fly.
- System Event Types have also been enhanced to allow the setting of custom colors to denote these.
- Event highlighting allows for Event Types to be differentiated by colors e.g. vacation events associated with one color, while meeting events associated with another.
Updated System Security and System Visibility Permissions
- The previously named Manager Permissions and Advanced Logic have been reworked into System Security Permissions and System Visibility Permissions. These can now be found under the Business & System Configuration section of Global Settings.
- The settings pages have been updated and organized for more intuitive use. Some of the familiar permission names may have changed to more intuitive descriptions as well.
- Visibility Permissions have been enhanced with the ability to select user roles in addition to custom logic.
Updated UTA Settings Pages
- The settings pages for the Universal Tracking Application™ have been reworked with various settings moved and consolidated into their appropriate pages. Some of the familiar settings names may have changed to more intuitive descriptions.
- The UTA Advanced Logic setting has been renamed to Visibility Permissions, and have been enhanced with the ability to select user roles in addition to custom logic.
- This update is focused on consolidating settings, while the settings interface itself will be updated in the near future for greater ease of use.
Updated Listing Level 2 on Company Record
- Previously, Universal Tracking Application™ Level 2 activities were shown on company profiles based upon the assigned users on the Level 2. This has now been extended to also show UTA Level 2 activities on company profiles when the company itself is associated to the Level 2 activity.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator:
New Calendar Event Preview Template
- The calendar event preview has been enhanced to allow System Administrators the ability to fully customize its contents. The event preview can be customized to display any details from the event.
New Enforced Naming for Single and Multi-File Uploads
- The single and multi-file upload custom fields have been enhanced to allow the enforcing of file names on uploads to SmartSimple. This will allow System Administrators to enforce various naming conventions for uploaded files.
The following features are available for beta preview. For a sneak peek, please contact your SmartSimple administrator for more information.
New Report Builder
- An enhanced report builder is available that allows for greater control of reports with a more intuitive interface.
New Google Field Translation
- New functionality allows for language translation of data entered into text fields, achieved by integration with Google Translate.
New Census Integration / Federal Financial Data
- SmartSimple now integrates with the U.S. Census online database to provide our clients with the ability to access the most up-to-date geographically-relevant data pertaining to their clients.
- New functionality also enables System Administrators to return Census tract codes for their contacts consistent with Federal Information Processing Standards, allowing for seamless online submission of online forms to the FCC.
- See Census Integration for a full description of this feature.
New Inherited Custom Fields
- New functionality to allow for field inheritance across UTAs to be able to easily aggregate information across different applications and up multiple levels.