Configuring the Excel Plug-In
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
Setting the user options
1. Click the SmartSimple Settings button.
The SmartSimple Settings window is displayed.
You use this window to set the following settings:
- Username - The same name you use to log into SmartSimple using a Web Browser.
- Password - Your normal SmartSimple password.
- Using SSL (port 443) - Select this option if your company is using Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to connect to SmartSimple. If in doubt, consult your administrator.
- Alias - Your organization's SmartSimple "entry point"
- HTTP Port - Defines the communications port used in your copy of SmartSimple. Normally this will be Port 80. Check with your administrator if this port does not work. You don't need to change this setting if you use SSL.
- SmartSimple URL - The alias is your organization's SmartSimple "entry point" (i.e. for ACME it would be acme.smartsimple.com). Do not use a www or http:// prefix.
- Document Merging - Choose the option required for both resume processing and document merging. Select both check boxes.
SmartSimple URL Samples
3. Set the Alias.
4. Set the URL.
5. Click the OK button.
In future you will be automatically connected to SmartSimple every time you start Excel.