SmartDoc for Microsoft Word Overview
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
The SmartDoc feature provides you with a Microsoft Word document template that can be used in three ways:
- In conjunction with reports within SmartSimple to merge information from these reports into Word documents.
- With the Applicant Tracking system to convert resumes (CV) into applicant profiles.
- With the MS Word Merge Custom Field to automatically upload the document back to a specified field on the record that generated it.
SmartDoc is a Microsoft Word document template; the program and toolbar used by the SmartDoc are stored in this template. There is no program to install when you wish to use this feature, however, the SmartDoc template must be placed in your Microsoft Word Startup folder.
- If you do not have administrative rights on your computer you will not be able to install the template and you will need to seek the assistance of your IT staff.
- SmartDoc will work with Microsoft Word version 2000, XP and 2007. It will not work with Microsoft Word for the Macintosh.
Note: if you use MS Word as your e-mail editor within Microsoft Outlook it may interfere with SmartDoc. See here for details.
Also, the SmartDoc feature will not work if you have enabled the URL Parameter Encryption within the Global Settings page.
Training related articles in Sequential order are listed as follows: