Configuring Settings for the SmartSimple Outlook Synchronization Add-In
The following instructions show you how to set user information for the SmartSimple Outlook Synchronization Add-In.
Configuring the Add-In
You only need to set these values the first time you use the Synchronization tool.
- Click the SmartSimple Settings button.
The SmartSimple Settings Options are displayed.
- Enter your username, password, company alias and URL.
- If your organization uses the "Enable SSL" setting, check the SSL box. (Your SmartSimple URL will start with "https:" if SSL is used.)
- Click the Verify button to validate the setting.
- Click the OK button.
If any of the values are incorrect the following message will be displayed on the Settings page.
Creating a New Outlook Folder
Displaying the Outlook folder list before you create the folder makes it easier to see where the folder will be created.
- If the folder list is not displayed, choose the View Folder List menu.
- Select the level where you wish to add the new folder.
- Choose the File, New Folder menu.
- Type a folder name – be sure to include the word "smartsimple".
- Set the folder type to either Appointment items (for Calendar Synchronization) or Contact items (for Contact Synchronization).
- Click the Ok button.
The folder icon will indicate either contacts or appointments.
Creating a Shortcut on your Outlook Sidebar
You can drag the folder name to the Outlook sidebar to create a shortcut. This will make it easier to locate the folder in the future.
- Drag the Folder name to the required location on the Outlook sidebar.
You can repeat the folder creation process with a new calendar folder.
Once complete you can use the View Folder List menu to hide the folder list.