Autoloader for Associations
Autoloader for Associations can add or update association records.
Types of Associations
There are five (6) types of associations within SmartSimple.
- 1. Company-Contact Association
- associations between organizations and contacts
- custom fields can also be added and imported in this section
- 2. Company Relationship
- relationships between companies
- 3. Contact Relationship
- relationships between contacts
- 4. UTA-Contact Relationship
- relationships between Universal Tracking Application L1/L2 and Contacts
- 5. UTA-Organization Relationship
- relationships between Universal Tracking Application L1/L2 and Organizations
- 6. Consumer-Provider Relationship
- relationships between two Universal Tracking Applications
- Relationship should be enabled
- Roles have been created
- Organizations or Contacts should be existing on the instance
- Custom fields have been created
Standard Fields in Associations
- Association ID is the system's unique numerical value associated with each Association record.
- Company ID is the system's unique numerical value associated with each Company record.
- Contact ID is the system's unique numerical value associated with each User record.
- Role ID is the system's unique numeral value association with each Role.
- Level 1 ID is the system's unique numerical value associated with each UTA-L1 record.
- Level 2 ID is the system's unique numerical value associated with each UTA-L2 record.
- Level 3 ID is the system's unique numerical value associated with each UTA-L3 record.
- Start Date is the effective start date of the association role. Date format should be in yyyy-mm-dd.
- End Date is the effective end date of the association role. Date format should be in yyyy-mm-dd.
Custom Fields in Associations
Custom fields should be created before mapping them in the Auto Loader settings.
To add Custom fields,
- Under the Configuration menu, click on Roles and Security followed by User Roles.
- Click into one of the Roles, followed by the Custom Field tab on the left.
- Under the Field Entity drop-down, select Organization Association, Level One Association or Level Two Association to view fields under those entities.
- Click the + button on the upper left of the screen in order to create a new custom field.
Creating company association fields for UTA objects
- Within the UTA Settings, navigate to your Level One settings OR Level Two settings tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and under Company Association header click on Company Roles.
- Click on a role to manage association fields for that specific role
- Else, click on Custom fields along the top followed by Level One or Level Two to create a common field.
Auto Loader Settings
Please refer to Auto Loader Wiki on instructions on how to create an Auto Loader.
Additional Auto Loader settings for associations:
- In the drop down list for Record Type, select either Company, People, UTA-L1, UTA-L2
- In the dropdown list for Item, select Associations
- Under New Record Section, click Create if new association records will be created. Unclick when you only want to update existing records.
- Under Column Mapping, map each column of the file to your SmartSimple Standard Fields and/or Custom Fields.
- To add/update association records, the following standard fields should be included:
|Association SF/CF||ADD||UPDATE||Type of Association|
|Association ID||required||Type 1-6|
|Company ID||required||required||Type 1,2,5|
|Contact ID||required||required||Type 1,3,4|
|Role ID||required||required||Type 1-6|
|Start Date||required||required||Type 1-3|
|End Date||required||required||Type 1-3|
|Level 1 ID||required||required||Type 4-6|
|Level 2 ID||required||required||Type 4-6|