The SmartSimple application consists of a number of different screen areas.
The SmartSimple menu is displayed to the left of the screen and consists of the following menu sections:
Top Menu Bar
The top menu bar provides access to the following features:
- The organisation name displayed at the top of this area can be replaced by an organisation logo or alternative text.
The following items are listed under this menu heading:
- Any application programs that have been enabled for the user.
- My Portal link to the role-specific portal view. If no portal has been established then the page will be blank.
- Search File Fields to provide searching of attached files stored within tracking applications.
- Pin Board – post general interest messages for everyone in the organisation to see.
- Email – access to your email accounts from within SmartSimple.
- Quick Messages - access to SmartSimple quick message features.
- Calendars – access to your personal calendar and shared calendars for other people.
- Contacts – access to all external contacts in the system. This list will not include contacts that are internal to your organisation.
- Discussions – access to discussion groups that you have access to.
- Workflow Requests – outstanding tasks that you need to complete based on SmartSimple Workflows, tasks that other people need to complete where you are participating in some steps in the workflow. This menu also lists project tasks that you are assigned to complete.
- Reports – preview reports and dashboards that you are enabled to use or create new reports or dashboards.
Items on the organisation menu display people within your copy of SmartSimple.
- Search People – search for anyone’s information in your copy of SmartSimple – similar to contacts, but with more extensive searching capabilities and the ability to search internal and external contacts.
- My Office - displays a tree view of the people that work in your department, division, or branch of the organisation.
- Because the system administrator can change the terminology used in SmartSimple this may indicate something like “My Office” as in the example above.
- Internal Users – displays a similar tree view as My Organisation, but for all the offices and people working within your organisation.
- External Contact – displays a similar tree view of all other organisations and people that do not work within your organisation.
- Tracking Applications – custom applications that you can create within SmartSimple.
- User Centric Interface – used to create User Centric Interfaces and Personal Transactions.
- Personal Settings – controls your specific settings such as password, language, date formats, editor preferences, menu layout and wireless access.
- Global Settings – controls the global configuration including; licensing, backup settings, visual settings, custom fields, workflows, ledger codes and signup pages.
- Roles & Permissions – provides access to define user roles, account categories, manager permissions and notes permissions.
- Downloads – provides access to downloadable SmartSimple enhancement features: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Folder integration, as well as downloadable documentation.
- Knowledge Base – provides a link to the SmartSimple wiki – http://www.smartsimple.org. This searchable database contains all SmartSimple documentation.
- Support Request – use this form to request support from the SmartSimple Help Desk system.
- Feedback – use this form to provide SmartSimple with feedback on the product and our services.
- About SmartSimple – displays the version number for the current copy of SmartSimple. You can also use this menu to ensure your browser settings are suitable to provide full access to all SmartSimple features.