SmartSimple is committed to improving the functionality of the system by engaging our customer community and performing regular updates to the system.
- 1 How does SmartSimple decide what enhancements to add to the system?
- 2 Will all my Enhancement Requests become new features?
- 3 How do I hear about forthcoming enhancements?
- 4 How often is the system updated?
- 5 What if I don't want to use a forthcoming enhancement?
- 6 When are updates applied to the SmartSimple SaaS servers?
- 7 When are updates applied to a dedicated SmartSimple Server?
- 8 Can I review the enhancements before they are updated on a production server?
How does SmartSimple decide what enhancements to add to the system?
- We gather possible enhancement information from three sources; Help Desk Requests that are specified as Enhancement Requests, Feedback gathered through User Group Meetings and information that we gathered through our industry research. These sources are used to create our development Roadmap for the following six to nine month period.
Will all my Enhancement Requests become new features?
- No, unfortunately we cannot convert all requests into enhancements. We review and synthesize requests across the business communities that we support and, based on overall demand, prioritize the enhancements we schedule for development.
How do I hear about forthcoming enhancements?
- The SmartSimple newsletter is used to communicate forthcoming enhancements to the system. The newsletter is issued at least one week before an upgrade is to take place. You can subscribe to the Newsletter through the Signup Page.
How often is the system updated?
- The system is enhanced with new features quarterly. The next upgrade is scheduled for March 11th 2021.
What if I don't want to use a forthcoming enhancement?
All upgrade features can be grouped into two categories: Global System Upgrades or On-Demand System Upgrades.
- Global System Upgrades are enhancements to the SmartSimple system that will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the upgrade to their server.
- On-Demand System Upgrades are enhancements that also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator.
In both cases, all upgrades are backwards-compatible with your current configuration of SmartSimple.
When are updates applied to the SmartSimple SaaS servers?
- Updates are always scheduled for Thursday night at 10:00 EST. The service window is up to 4 hours, but the server unavailability typically lasts a very short period of time.
When are updates applied to a dedicated SmartSimple Server?
- Updates to dedicated severs are scheduled after the SaaS servers have been updated. The date and time of the upgrade is scheduled in conjunction with the System Administrator of the dedicated system.
Can I review the enhancements before they are updated on a production server?
- Yes - your Backup Server will be updated 1 week prior to the upgrade of your production server. You are encouraged to log into the backup server and test current and new functionality as desired.