UTA Settings - Security
The Security Settings page of the UTA consists of several sections.
- Enable Security Matrix - Click to specify advanced access control setting to level 1s and level 2s - Selecting this setting enables the link to the Security Matrix (above).
- Security Matrix - Defines how users can interact with each level of the data, based on the way they need to interact with the data - See Security Matrix for configuration instructions.
- Enable UTA Role Field Access - Use UTA roles for field access instead of system roles - If checked then the access to fields is controlled by the role used to associate the user with a level one record in the UTA, rather than the role they are assigned in the system.
- Enforce Roles That Can Set Status - Prevents scripts or submit buttons from overriding the Status setting - will prevent scripts or submit buttons from setting a record to a status if the current users Role is not included in the Allow to Set Roles settings for that Status.
- Enable Email Role Restriction - Users can only email those who their role allows - Allows system administrators to set up a matrix of which roles can send emails to which other roles through SmartSimple. See Email restriction page for details.
- Enable Contact Filter - UTA contacts visibility is controlled by UTA roles - Contacts available to be selected in the Level 1 Owner standard field can be restricted by role.
- Enable UTA Organization Filter - UTA organizations visibility is controlled by UTA roles - Organizations available to be selected in the Level 1 Branch standard field can be restricted by role.
- Feature and Function Permissions - Visbility permission for various objects and controls.
- Field Permission Matrix - Configure custom field access permissions for selected user roles based on status.
- Inherit Grant Status Lock - Setting a status lock at Level 1 can lock the Level 2 and Level 3 items as well, regardless of their current status. Options for this setting include Activity Only (locks Level 2 activities when Level 1 is in a locked status) and Activity and Level 3 Activity (locks both Level 2 and 3 activities when Level 1 is in a locked status).
- When roles are added to this section using the button, a user will only be able to access this UTA if they are in one of the assigned roles.
- Only the roles added to Access Role Settings are made available to be configured in the Security Matrix.
- When roles are added to this section using the button, a user will only be able to access the Settings tab if they are in one of the assigned roles.
Override Template Branch Restriction
- When roles are added to this section using the button, a user will only be able to override the "Restricted to" setting on Level 1 Templates if they are in one of the assigned roles.