Newsletter June 2004 Issue 5
- Enhanced Email Support - We have improved upon our current email functionality. We now provide support for accessing both POP3 and IMAP email within SmartSimple. People using Internet Explorer as their browser will now have access to full HTML formatting when creating new mail messages. When sending mail you are now able to send multiple document attachments!
- Message Center - To further enhance our email feature we have created Message Center. Message Center allows you to create your own email signature as well as user definable email and document message templates. Values that you define within your message templates are replaced dynamically saving you time and effort when sending out standard emails through SmartSimple. You can flag your message templates as being private or public so that you can share your templates with everyone!
- Company Categories - We have an exciting new feature in SmartSimple that now allows you to create user-defined company categories and custom fields! You can now define your companies in a similar fashion as you are currently able to assign roles to people. For example, you can create a company category called manufacturing and then add specific custom fields that pertain to that category. When you assign a company as belonging to this category you will now see a list of specific fields where you can enter the information you need. In addition to creating custom fields for each category you are also able to permission the categories to control visibility and modification as well as search by category fields by using the custom field search option!
Upcoming Enhancements to Existing Features
- Email Broadcasting to Leads - This is a new enhancement to our Email Broadcasting application. We have now added the ability to send email broadcasts to contacts that you have added to your lead campaigns. Using your saved Lead Filters, you will now be able to send broadcasts out to your prospective new clients.
- Lead Activities - We have included a new tab for your leads that will allow you to create and view activities and tasks that you have set up for your lead information.
- Side Scrolling Files - You can scroll through your files while viewing them in SmartSimple. Just click on a file in any Smart Folder and then select the right and left arrow to scroll through all the files within that folder.
- Pinboard - We have improved our office pinboard feature by adding "Sticky Posts". This feature will auto-save your message to the last place that you move it. You no longer have to click the save icon to lock your message in place.
- Email Resume - You can now email an applicant resume directly when looking at an applicant profile using our new email functionality.
- File Link Custom Field Type - A lot of people have requested the ability to attach single documents to their information within SmartSimple - without having to link to a Smart Folder. You can now use our new file link custom field type to link a single file to any piece of information that you can currently add a custom field to. For example, you can now link a reference letter to an applicant record or a product data sheet to an account. You can also email your File Link files using our new email functionality.
- Improved Email Broadcast Performance - Some people may have experienced long delays when sending email broadcasts to more than 3000 recipients. We have made some programming changes that improve the performance of our email broadcasting agent.
Our Toronto classroom is fully operational and courses are scheduled between now and October, 2008.
Click on the links below to see the course outlines and 2008 training schedule. Please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to register.