Newsletter January 2004 Issue 1
New Features For Everyone
- Download add-ins - the Help, Downloads menu now gives access to the Microsoft Outlook, File Synchronization and Smart Resume (Resume reader) features. These applications can be downloaded and installed on your own computer to give you access to SmartSimple from other applications. Remember to also download and read the instruction PDF files!
- Knowledge Base - You will now find a knowledge base of frequently asked questions and responses under the Help menu. You can also use this feature to ask any question and someone from the support team will be immediately alerted. You will get a personal email response, and if appropriate, we will add this question to the knowledge base. Give it a try today!
Enhancements to Existing Features
- Calendars and Discussion Groups can be linked to your web site! You can now "web" enable a calendar or discussion group. Once you add some formatting you can then connect this page to your web site. A web-enabled discussion group allows anyone that visits your web site to participate in a discussion group. A web-enabled calendar lets people view "public" events that you have scheduled. Associate a web form with that calendar and you can use this feature to take event registrations!
- SmartFolders Trail - when you are navigating SmartFolders you can now see where you are in the hierarchy of folders displayed above the file list.
New Features for Administrators
- Role Specific Custom Fields - you can now create a custom field and determine who should be able to see the contents - by role. When adding a custom field you will see a view and modify access role window. Simply add the required roles to each window to control who sees and who can update the field. If you leave these fields blank, then it is assumed that everyone should be able to see and update the field (if they have permissions to update the rest of the information).
Our Toronto classroom is fully operational and courses are scheduled between now and October, 2008.
Click on the links below to see the course outlines and 2008 training schedule. Please contact mailto:email@example.com if you would like to register.