How the SmartSimple Support Desk Works
What is the role of the Support Desk?
The role of the Support Desk is to be your first point of contact for anything SmartSimple related. If you have a question, have an idea for a new feature, or need a resolution to a problem, then we are the place to start.
It is our goal to provide you with timely and complete answers to your questions or concerns and to ensure that you are getting the most out of the SmartSimple platform within your organization.
You can connect with us through any of the following channels:
- Phone (Canada and United States): (+1) 416-591-1668
- Phone (Canada and United States) Toll Free: 866-239-0991
- Phone (Europe): 353(0) 1 554-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Direct: From the Help menu within SmartSimple, just select the Support Request option
You may also contact our live agents who provide round-the-clock technical support 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. You have access to live support during the following hours:
- GMT: 9pm Sunday - 2am Saturday
- EST: 4pm Sunday - 9pm Friday
- PST: 1pm Sunday - 6pm Friday
- AEST: 8am Monday - 1pm Saturday
Current clients may log tickets through their own instance using our Community Portal function. The Community Portal is a dashboard that simplifies the process of managing your tickets and connecting with SmartSimple.
To enter the Community Portal:
1. Click the 9-square menu icon on the top right of your page:
2. Under the heading Help, select Support.
3. Press Enter to launch the Community Portal.
Below is a video introduction to the uses of the Community Portal:
Inside the Community Portal
Below is a list of activities that can be performed from within the Community Portal.
|Links to Access|
What the Support Desk Does
The SmartSimple Community Support Desk provides first level support to clients plus a triage of the issue to determine if it needs to be redirected to other specialists within the company. You can anticipate the Community Support Desk will be able to answer questions related to:
- Accessing your organization's copy of SmartSimple.
- Logging into the system (including lost passwords, etc).
- All standard features and functions within the system.
The Community Support Desk will generally not be able to directly assist you if the issue is related to:
- Your organization's specific processes.
- Industry related issues.
- In-depth technical issues.
For these types of issues the Community Support Desk will redirect to the appropriate industry or technical specialist.
In all cases a ticket number is issued and an email sent to you confirming that the issue has been logged, even if the issue was resolved on the first call. Where the ticket cannot be resolved on the first call the issue will be managed by Community Support Desk personnel - even if other specialists are involved.
Ticket Service Levels
The Service Levels determine the classification and process of each Support Ticket:
|Severity of Impact||Description||Example||Support Process|
|Critical||Issues relating to system availability or performance preventing usage or access to the system as a whole or to its primary functionality.||
Client promptly contacted SmartSimple Support and explained the situation with a screenshot of the error message.
|High||Issues relating to system availability or performance preventing usage or access to the system as a whole or its primary functionality.||
User Unable to Submit Application
Client promptly emailed SmartSimple Support with the user's name, email, application ID, and grant program.
|Medium||Issues that prevent a subsection of the system processes from working for all users or configuration changes that need to take place in a timely manner.||
Payment Activities Not Saving
The client submitted a ticket explaining which grant the error was applicable to, which level of activity, the details of the issue, and a specific example with the application ID.
|Low||General questions relating to configuration.||
Make Report Exportable
The client contacted Support with the process they were attempting to do, the relevant IDs, and what outcome they wanted.
What other support options are available through the SmartSimple Community?
We provide several methods for becoming more familiar and increasing your knowledge of the SmartSimple platform outside of our Community Support Desk. They are:
- SmartSimple Wikipedia (Wiki) – This is our very own online SmartSimple encyclopedia. The easiest way to find the information you need would be to search by the 'key words' of the topic that you are trying to gather more information on. Or you can browse the Wiki by category or view the index alphabetically.
- Some quick Wiki tips!
- When searching 'key words' try to keep the words to a minimum and try to avoid using long phrases or sentences.
- Search on the key points rather than more general topics, so if you are looking for information on creating and making your own reports search on words like 'create report' or 'report builder'.
- Most important of all, we strive to keep the Wiki up to date so if you can’t find something in the Wiki then let us know and we will help you find it or add it to our list of topics to update.
- Online training sessions - We continually offer online training sessions that are available for anyone that uses SmartSimple. They are categorized into Basic, Intermediate, Advanced and Open to best suit your current knowledge of the SmartSimple platform. Please contact the Community Support Desk to find out more information or schedule a session.
- Mobile Support - We also offer a unique type of onsite support. We are continually looking at the types of requests and tickets that come in through the SmartSimple Community Support Desk. If we see an opportunity that would benefit your organization to have some additional onsite support then we will reach out and schedule an onsite visit with our mobile support and make sure you are getting the most out of SmartSimple.
SmartSimple's Premium Support Services provide you with a Dedicated Support Representative (DSR) who will handle all of your support requests directly and will have in-depth knowledge of your SmartSimple system. You'll also benefit from an optional monthly call with our Director of Customer Experience to discuss any questions about system functionality, training, or configuration.
While Essential Support, also known as our Technical Community Support, comes standard in all of our Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Premium Support Services offer enhanced access to our support team.
|Item||Technical Community Support||Premium Support|
|Live Agent||General client support group on rotation||Named Dedicated Support Representative (DSR)|
|Director Level Access||Upon request or escalation||Regular meetings and on-demand access consultations|
|Configuration Services||At additional fee as estimated||Included (up to 4 hours per request)|
|Training||At additional fee as estimated||Included (up to 3 hours per quarter)|
|Fee||Included in licensing||Please contact your Account Manager|
You may contact your Account Manager for more details about Premium Support Services.