Configuring Time Tracking Settings
The Time Tracking application window is displayed.
The following tabs are displayed:
- New Timesheet – Create a new timesheet.
- Drafts – List of timesheets that have been created, but not submitted for approval. You can edit any timesheet that is at the draft stage.
- Submitted – List of timesheets that are in the process of being approved. You cannot edit any timesheet that has been submitted for approval.
If a timesheet is rejected, then it will automatically be moved back to the draft list from the submitted list.
- Completed – The list of timesheets that have been submitted and approved. A user cannot edit any timesheet that has been completed. However, as a timesheet administrator you can roll back a completed timesheet.
- Settings – Available only to the timesheet administrator to configure the application.
2. Click the Settings tab.
The following settings are available:
- Time Codes – you define a set of time codes used to allocate the time independent of the project. For example: design, consulting, or programming. This will allow you to summarize time in different ways.
- Custom Fields – you can add custom fields to the timesheet items, and thereby gather additional information. For example, if you were to add a ledger type field you could summarize time by your company’s accounting codes.
- You can choose to enter time in two ways:
Enter Start Time and End Time – Each timesheet item requires start and end time.
Enter Number of Hours – Each timesheet requires number of hours only.
3. Set the following time codes:
4. Set the Entry type to Hours.
5. Click the Save button.