Application Programming Interface
An application programming interface (API) is a specification intended to be used as an interface by software components to communicate with each other.
SmartSimple supports four different APIs.
- JSON based API (Named SmartConnect). This is current and fully supported API. SmartSimple plans to enhance this API for the foreseeable future .
- Web Services API to support server to server communication via the Internet – Apache Axis2 based.
- OData Open Data Protocol (OData) is an open protocol which allows the creation and consumption of SmartSimple data in a standard way. .
- Browser based communication to the Server - Ajax based, named Pandora.
- API Interactive Demonstration Page
- SmartSimple Discussion Forum - SmartConnect RESTful API forum
- Note: The Discussion forum can be accessed through the Community Portal or the Partner Portal. If you do not have access to either portal send a Support Ticket requesting that access be added for specified organization contacts. Contact support: 1.866.239.0991 ext. 1 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Desktop API [Deprecated June 5, 2013] - Desktop communication using Microsoft technologies (SmartComClient.dll)