Web Services Overview
SmartSimple Web Services Overview
A Web service is a method of communication between two electronic devices over the Web (Internet).
- The W3C defines a "Web service" as "a software system designed to support interoperable machine-to-machine interaction over a network".
- It has an interface described in a machine-processable format (specifically Web Services Description Language, known by the acronym WSDL).
- Other systems interact with the Web service in a manner prescribed by its description using SOAP messages, typically conveyed using HTTP with an XML serialization in conjunction with other Web-related standards." (Wikipedia Reference)
SmartSimple implements its web services through a WSDL accessible though the following URL: https://alias.servername.biz/WS/services/UtaUpdate?wsdl
- Alias represents the client instance of SmartSimple on a given server.
- Server represents a specific SmartSimple server.
For a specific example of the SmartSimple WSDL you can access: https://smart.smartsimple.biz/WS/services/UtaUpdate?wsdl
To enable the Web Services API for your copy of SmartSimple please contact the Community Support Desk or your account manager