Previous Upgrade: May 2012
The following features were implemented as part of the upgrade cycle which commenced in May 2012
Click on any hyper-linked heading to go to the associated Wiki article for detailed information
- Enforce from address in password e-mail: When a user clicks Send Password by default is uses their e-mail address as the from address in the system e-mail. With the from address used will always be the one defined on the User Email Templates page.
- Challenge questions: rather than e-mailing a randomly generated password when new contacts register or when users click the Forgot Password the system can be configured to e-mail a time-limited authentication link. When clicking the link the user will be presented challenge question that must be answered correctly before they are logged into SmartSimple and asked to create a new password.
- Support for Captcha on external pages such as registration forms.
- User defined List views: users can create their own personal list views for any entity (organizations, contacts, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3). They can select the fields they wish to use in each view, the display orders of the fields and sort order of the data and the colour of each column in the list view.
- Administrators can choose to make List Views public to be shared with other users.
- Any List View (system, public or private) can be copied, renamed and saved.
- The contents of a List View can be exported to MS Excel, MS Word or PDF though an Export feature
- The List view contents can also be used to create a set of MS Word letters though a Merge feature. When this feature is used an MS Word Merge Word custom field is assigned to the list view to allow bulk merging. (All selected records will be merged into a single document for printing)
- The System will remember the last list view used by a user and reapply that list view when the user next accesses that part of the system
- Multiple fields can be displayed within the same column in a "stacked" configuration.
- The List View for Associates/Associations can be customized via the Global Settings page.
- Once a report is generated the user can select an MS Excel template used to create a MS Excel version of the report.
- Support for exporting reports to a MS Word template
- The Report Builder will now support the having clause. Having is used to accommodate criteria when aggregate functions are used.
Standard and Custom Fields
- Settings for Standard Fields will be managed in a similar manner to Custom Fields. Including Role and Status Field Permissions lookups and the ability to translate Standard Field labels and validation messages
- You can now Track Changes on Contact and Company Standard Fields
- An improved Rich Text editor will be introduced. As well as improved functionality and compatibility, the array of buttons displayed can be configured by an administrator as needed via Global Settings
- File Type Restrictions: Single File and Multiple Files custom fields can be configured to define which file extensions can be uploaded to each specific field (e.g. .pdf, .doc, .xls)
- Translation XML: custom field language translations can now be done by exporting and importing using an XML template.
- Level 1 Track Changes: the field history of all fields with Track Changes enabled on Level 1 can be viewed at once with a new menu bar button.
- Option to make custom fields manifest as hidden for the following field types: Creation - Created By, Creation - Date, Special - Auto Number, Special - Calculated Value, Store Value - System Variables. This will allow the value to be updated/saved without being visible on the page.
- When editing custom fields you can now use the custom field batch update to add/update the Tab Name for multiple custom fields at once.
- Transaction Template Formula: server side formulas to be run whenever a transaction is saved.
- Transaction Template Page: Template page that can be used for internal or external entry/update of transactions.
- Update Custom Field task type will be available on Company and Contact workflows
- Company and Contact Workflow connectors can be delayed to trigger on a date stored in a Custom Field on the Company/Contact record
- The Recipient of workflows (Acknowledgement, Request for Comment, Request for Approval) can now be defined using variable syntax, rather than being limited to the list by role. This will allow you to send the same e-mail to multiple roles at the same time rather than creating 2 different tasks. It will also allow you to filter based on a custom field on the contact, or UTA Contact Role Based custom field(s). For Notes created against UTA records this will allow you to select recipients by UTA role (or owner/person) rather than system role.
- Contact Autoloader: Match a field on the contact with a field on company records so the contacts will be created/moved under the relevant company. Similarly with company autoloader
- Company Autoloader: Match company field to find parent company, allowing new/updating companies to be managed within a hierarchy.
- Disable users with the autoloader (expose the Access Type)
- Setting to specify 'Append' role defined on autoloader rather than replace it if the user already exists in the system
- Allow addition of multiple roles (select many list box instead of combo box)
- Advanced Date Searching: When using the advanced search to search a date field (standard or custom) you can search using: On, before, after, between or is empty.
- Level 1 Copy: Specify which Custom Fields will be copied when a Level 1 is copies, including specifying which are mandatory. Can also define a Level 1 Status to be the default copy status.
- UTA Consumer/Provider. Full support for Level 2 to act as both consumers and providers. Can now define a Role for Consumer/Provider relationships, including the ability to have role base custom fields to track attributes of the association between specific consumer and provider records.
- Pandora utarole_add, utarole_remove and utarole_update functions extended to create, remove and update consumer/provider relationships.
- Batch Update Contacts can be added to Level 2 records using batch update when the Multiple Contact List is enabled at Level 2.
- Variable processor support for:
- Displaying the last time a user logged into the system: @me.lastlogin@
- Listing all the companies under another company: [#(object=company) ~name~ #]
- Displaying Contact/Company association role based custom fields: [#(?object=association;)$?afc_customfieldid$#]
- Adding business days to a given date, or counting the number of business days between 2 dates: SS_FUNC.addbusdays(DATE, BUSINESSDAYS) and SS_FUNC.countbusdays(FIRSTDATE, SECONDDATE)
- Within Report Template Header to obtain the criteria entered by users: @args@, @args@
- Within Report Template Header to obtain date/time report was run: @runtime@
- Passing criteria to reports when using the ReportProperty variable: @ReportProperty(12345,recordcount,"Column Name","Criteria")@ where criteria is the answer to ??? on the report. If using variables in the Criteria you should use @ReportProperty2...
- A new setting in email broadcast to choose a user custom field as email address instead of user standard field (e.g. alternate e-mail address)
- Ability define the new contact as the primary contact for the new company created when using a hybrid signup page