Previous Upgrade: January 2015
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our January 2015 upgrade.
- 1 Global System Upgrades
- 1.1 Enhanced Arcadia Interface
- 1.2 Updated Menu Options
- 1.3 Enhanced Custom List View Export
- 1.4 New Adjustable List View Column Widths
- 1.5 New Fixed Column Headings in Reports
- 1.6 Enhanced Recurring Event Updates
- 1.7 Enhanced Duplicate Check for Additional Fields
- 2 On-Demand System Upgrades
- 3 Beta Previews
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the upgrade to your server:
Enhanced Arcadia Interface
The Arcadia interface has undergone several user interface changes for an improved user experience.
- Replaced the list view search functionality with quick search. This allows you to easily search all the available columns in your list view without needing to select specific fields. Various search options and advanced search have been consolidated into the quick search box to provide greater screen real estate.
- Updated the menu and footer bars to provide greater screen real estate. The footer bars have been removed and the People Online window has been moved to within the Tools -> Quick Messages screen. The title bar has been removed and instead the title text is now displayed in the top menu header, and the header menus have been shifted to be right-aligned.
- Updated the action bar to be more consistent and persistent across various screens and objects. A new Back button has been introduced into this bar for ease of navigation. The Recent list has been moved into the action bar beside the Back button and is indicated by the icon
Updated Menu Options
- Updates have been made to the menu options for improved consolidation and ease of navigation. The previous Communications menu has been renamed to Tools and various applications such as Email Broadcast, SmartFolders...etc. have been moved into this menu.
Enhanced Custom List View Export
- Enhanced list view functionality with the ability to specify custom export templates to allow for greater flexibility and ease of exporting.
New Adjustable List View Column Widths
- Enhanced list view functionality allows for adjustable column widths. Administrators can set default column widths for list views while every user can further adjust the columns widths to their personal liking.
New Fixed Column Headings in Reports
- Enhanced Reports with fixed floating headers now.
Enhanced Recurring Event Updates
- Enhanced the recurring events in the calendar with the ability to bulk update the assigned contacts.
Enhanced Duplicate Check for Additional Fields
- Updated Duplicate Check functionality to be able to target all custom fields. Previously, not all custom fields were available for selection.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator:
New Statuses for Companies and Contacts
- Extended the status standard field and functionality to Companies and Contacts. This allows for stronger validation via submit logic validation.
New Customized Naming of MS Word Merge Documents
- New ability to dynamically generate the name of MSWord Merge documents at run time.
New Import Interface for Autoloader Imports
- New import wizard page for uploading files into SmartFolders connected to Autoloader imports.
Updated Save Splash Screen
- The SmartSimple save in progress splash screen has been changed to a more generic animation.
The following features are available for beta preview. For a sneak peek, please contact your SmartSimple administrator for more information.
New Custom Field Versioning
- New custom field version feature introduces the ability to create different versions of UTA fields.
- Snapshots can be taken of different custom field configurations within a UTA and activated at a desired time. Objects will then be viewed or edited in the context of the snapshot in which they were created.This will allow you to easily maintain historic versions of applications as you make changes to the current application.
New Ability to Change Order of Standard Fields
- New ability to change the order of standard fields. They can now be arranged amongst custom fields.