|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
ObjectSync provides for instant transfer of company, contact and related data between multiple copies.
The objects that can be passed are:
- Personal transactions (by type).
- Résumé file.
- Any custom fields attached to any of these objects.
The following steps need to be followed in order to implement this feature.
- Establish a common role for contacts and a category for companies that will be used to pass custom field data between instances. Each instance should use the same role and category.
- Activate the Object Sync feature in each instance through the Classic Options page on the Global Settings page.
- The instance details for each copy must be added to the other instance's UTA.
- An encryption key must be generated for each organisation that exchanges data.
- Securely pass the encryption key to the appropriate organisation.
- Test the process thoroughly with sample data before using the feature in a production setting.