How Calculated Custom Fields Work
- These functions are added to associated page and executed in the client browser.
- The major limitation of this expression type is that it can only use values that are within the current page.
- The expression cannot be used to manipulate values stored on other tabs or aggregate data from related entities.
- Generally, this field type is used to specify validation routines.
- Functions defined in these scripts can be referenced in other calculated custom field.
- Template level formulas can be associated with UTA Level 1 and Level 2 templates plus Sales Tracking.
- These formulas are executed in the database server and are constructed using valid SQL syntax.
- The benefit of this approach is that you can aggregate data across entities and update information across other entities.