Custom Field Type: Special - Linked Record List
This field type gives you the ability to see, select and add records to a Level 1 without navigating to another tab or area of the system. For example: on your level 1 application, you can add users, such as co-applicants. Alternately, you can add related organizations or you can create and see level 2s, such as progress reports.
To configure, you will need to select the appropriate record type (User, Organization or Activity). Then, you will need to have a list view that shows the information you want to appear in this custom field for that type of record. Lastly, depending on the type of list, you may need to define the role, category, status and signup page used for showing, creating or attaching the record type you have selected.
All common options:
Permissions & Availability
For further information, please refer to Custom Fields – General Information.
Options listed below are specific to this particular field type.
- List Type: Values here are Contacts, Companies and Activity List. Once a value is selected, further options appear:
With Contacts selected:
- List View - select from a dropdown list of available Contact list views, found in UTA configuration --> L1 settings tab --> Contact Association Settings --> Contact List View.
- Association Role Filter - select from a list of Contact roles.
- Enable Signup Page for Creation - when toggled on, this option uncovers an additional Signup Page dropdown list. This list shows all available User signup pages, in the format: Associated Company - Description. This allows you to select a User Signup Page to use, should you wish to use your Linked Record List to create a new user. If this option is left toggled off, user creation will proceed as normal, without a signup page. Creating a user in this way will not automatically add them to the record list; you would need to complete the creation first, before searching for and adding the user as a separate action. The Create New User option will only appear if the text you enter in the Search bar cannot be found. For example, if you enter "Xavier" in the search bar and no users match that name, you will see the new user option.
Note: if the Description for a signup page is blank, then only the Associated Company name will be displayed in the dropdown list.
With Companies selected:
- List View - select from a dropdown list of available Account list views, found in UTA configuration --> L1 settings tab --> Account Association Settings --> Account List View.
- Association Role Filter - select from a list of Account Association roles, found in both UTA configuration --> L1 settings tab --> Account Association Settings --> Account Roles and in Global Settings --> Associations --> Roles.
With Activity List selected:
- Status Filter - Displays a dropdown populated with the available Level 2 statuses.
- Type Filter - Displays a dropdown populated with the available Level 2 types.
- Creation Status - select the default status to assign, if you create a new Level 2 record using this field.
- Creation Type - select the default level 2 type to assign, if you create a new Level 2 record using this field.