Working with Level 2 – Activities
You can sometimes build a useful Universal Tracking Application that only uses one Level.
If you need to track “transactions” of some kind associated with the Level 1 item you will need to create a two level UTA.
- When you examine the built-in fields for the Level 2 (and Level 3) entities you will see they closely resemble activity type transactions with fields such as start date, end date, start time, end time, etc. And generally a lot of the Level 2 transaction types do have these types of activity based characteristics.
- Sometimes the Level 2 transaction will not require any activity type fields. In that situation simply don’t use any of the Standard Fields for the Level 2 activities and use custom fields for the rest of the entity.
Steps to Activate Level 2 items
- Choose the standard fields using the UTA Settings - Entity page.
- Create the custom fields for Level 2 using either the UTA Settings - Entity page OR the main UTA settings page.
- Define Level 2 Types using the main UTA settings page. (The term Type at Level 2 and Level 3 is the equivalent of Template at Level 1)
- Define the Level 2 Statuses using the main UTA settings page.
- Define the List View for Level 2 items using the main UTA settings page.
|Accessing Level 1 from Other Screens||Configuring the Level 2 Entity|