Steps Required to Synchronize Companies and Contacts
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
The following steps need to be followed in order to implement this feature.
- Establish a common role for contacts and a category for companies that will be used to pass custom field data between instances. The name of the role and category used must be the same in each instance.
- Activate the Object Sync Feature in each instance through the Global Settings page.
- The details of the other instance must be added to both instances.
- An encryption key must be generated for each organisation that exchanges data.
- Securely pass the encryption key to the appropriate organisation.
- Test the process thoroughly with sample data before using the feature in a production setting.