|Please note that this page is currently under construction. There is more information to come.|
Record pages allow you to view the details of an individual item in an application. They contain both the standard fields and custom fields. Record pages can exist for organizations, users, and Level 1 entities. From the record page, you can perform actions on the record such as edit fields, change the status, add it to a SmartCard, attach notes, assign contacts and accounts, and associate it with a Level 2 Activity.
Configuration - Essentials
When a new record is added to an application, the record page asks for the user to submit information to various standard and custom fields. While the standard fields are pre-defined by the system’s default settings, the custom fields can be created and managed by the Global Administrator. Each unique application will require unique custom fields depending on what is being tracked and what actions are required.
Contains: logo, Main menu items, header button group
Contains: History button group and Action bar button group, Pagination control
Action Bar Button Group
High Visibility Options
Hierarchical Navigation Bar
The body area of the records page contains all your custom fields. To set up custom fields for all the records in your application, navigate to UTA Configuration Settings > (Level 1) tab > Custom Fields. Configuration settings for each application is located in the gear icon in the action bar. To set up custom fields for organizations, navigate to Global Settings > Organizations tab > Custom Fields. To set up custom fields for users, navigate to Global Settings > Users tab > Custom Fields.
Setting Up Custom Fields
- Main Article: Custom Fields – General Information
For a simple application, when creating a new custom field, you can select from a predefined list of field types depending on the end use. For example, a record containing a simple field for “About” can have the field type Text Box - Multiple Lines. A field for “Shipping Address” could have the type Special - Geo Mapping. See Category: Custom Field Types for full list of available field types to choose from, including dropdowns, radio buttons, checkboxes, date pickers, and more. Once you select the appropriate field type, you can also give the custom field a name in the database (Field Name) and a display name that will be visible to users (Caption). The Display Order determines where in the form this custom field appears. The higher the number, the closer to the top of the form the field appears. A Description is not mandatory and will only be visible to Global Administrators, however filling out a simple description for each custom field will make it easier to track changes and remember what each field is for. In the Permissions & Availability tab, you can further customize who can access the custom field and when. This allows you to tailor access to the custom field to a certain user role, a type category, or when a certain status change has been triggered.
Configuration - Advanced
Submit & Save Buttons
- Main Article: Submit & Save Buttons
Submit & Save buttons are used to perform custom actions upon each record such as saving a record, changing the status, validate input, or add annotations. Like custom fields, submit and save buttons can also be customized to be active only for certain roles, statuses, or record categories. To access the settings of any individual custom field, navigate to the following:
- UTA - Configuration Settings > (Level 1) tab > Submit & Save Buttons
- Organization - Global Settings > Organizations tab > Submit & Save Buttons
- Users - Global Settings > Users tab > Submit & Save Buttons
Record Layout Custom Fields
Title bars and tabbed sections help organize your records page by grouping together similar custom fields. A title bar separates related content on the same records page. A tabbed section moves blocks of related content onto a separate tab. The placement of custom fields can be controlled through the Display Order.
To access the settings of any individual custom field, navigate to the following:
- UTA - Configuration Settings > (Level 1) tab > Custom Fields
- Organization - Global Settings > Organizations tab > Custom Fields
- Users - Global Settings > Users tab > Custom Fields
Each custom field typically has additional display options under the General Settings tab.
- Caption Location
- Allows you to put the field label name either above, to the right, or the left of the input as well as hiding it altogether.
- (Optional) Text that describes how the user should enter data into the field.
- Placeholder Text
- (Optional) This is greyed out text that pre-populates the input field. This can be useful to showing examples or hinting at the desired input format.
- Tool Tip
- (Optional) A tooltip will put a special icon beside the caption. When the user hovers over this icon, it will reveal extra text that provides further information or help about the field.
- (Optional) Allows you to set the total width of the field from a series of dropdown options.
- (Optional) Allows you to set the total height of the field in a percentage or pixel format.