Previous Upgrade: September 2014
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our September 2014 upgrade.
To watch these videos full screen, click on the YouTube link
- 1 Global System Upgrades
- 2 On-Demand System Upgrades
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the upgrade to your server:
New Ability to modify search query filters
- Users now have the ability to make modifications to filters after they have been created. See filters for further information.
Enhanced UTA Calendar Interface
- The UTA calendar has now also been updated to the same modern look and feel as the personal calendar.
Enhanced SmartFolders interface
- The SmartFolders interface has been updated with a new look and feel.
Enhanced Arcadia Interface
The Arcadia interface has undergone several updates to enhance its usability as well as look and feel.
- All tab bars in the Arcadia interface have been updated with a new look and feel.
- The header and menu options have been modified to better utilize screen real estate.
- Changes have been made to the button and input styling for improved consistency, look and feel.
- Changes have been made to the display and location of list view action buttons (i.e. delete and batch update) for ease of use and look and feel.
- Modifications to button styling for better look and feel.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled by a System Administrator:
Enhanced calendar functionality checks for scheduling conflicts
- You can now enable alerts for scheduling conflicts when creating an event through the SmartSimple calendar.
- When enabled, potential conflicts for anyone associated to a new event will trigger an alert to warn users of the conflict.
- The feature can be enabled on the Global Settings page.
Improved OFAC checks against contacts
- OFAC checks can now be run on demand against an organization and its contacts. This will return the status of any matching organization or contact and give you the ability to clear incorrect matches.
Enhanced Number Validation and Formatting
- Custom fields configured to accept number formats now have additional formatting options.
- The number format can be set to be Integer, Currency, Comma-formatted, Decimal, Percentage, or a custom (user-defined) format.
- A Precision setting has also been added to validate numeric data to be a whole number, to one through four decimal places, or to the nearest increment of tens, hundreds or thousands.
- See the Number Format page for additional information.
Enhanced ability to open web page views with a lightbox
- Enhanced the Web Page View custom field with the ability to open up in a lightbox window instead of a pop-up window.
Enhanced notes functionality
- The Notes functionality has been extended to transactions.