SmartSimple is designed to support multiple organizations and their communities collaborating together for a common goal. The system is used in markets that require high levels of inter-organizational collaborations such as:
- Grants Management and Philanthropy - collaboration by Grant Makers, Grant Seekers, external reviewers.
- Research Management - collaboration by Individual Researchers, Research Institutes, Universities and Funding Agencies.
- Medical Claims Management – collaboration by Insurance Companies, Service Providers and Medical Specialists.
Inter-Organizational collaboration is supported by SmartSimple in ntwo different ways:
- Organizations “share” a single copy of SmartSimple. For more information on these techniques, see the articles on security, role-based access and portals.
- Organizations share information from individual, organization-specific, copies of SmartSimple. For more information on these techniques, see the articles on the Data Exchange and Object Synchronizations features.