Deprecated - Custom Field Type: Dynamic Data – Data Grid
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
Displays sets of additional custom fields as records in a grid layout. A summary value for example a sum or a count can be displayed.
|Custom Field ID||The unique ID number associated with the custom field.||Not Applicable|
|Field Type||The list of available Field Types.||@fieldtype@|
|Field Name||The name of the field, used internally to reference the user's input;||@fieldname@|
|Caption||The leading question or prologue before the field.||@caption@|
|Display Order||The order (relative to other fields) in which this field is displayed.||@displayorder@|
|Description||Definition and general description of the custom field. Will not be displayed.||@description@|
- Label Display: Determines the location of the field caption. Options include: Left of Field, Above Field, No Caption, Hide Caption. Note: this option was previously called Label Display. (See examples here.)
- On New Record: Controls how the field should be displayed until record has been saved once.
- Always Display: Field will be exposed both before and after the record is saved.
- Hide on New Record: Field will be hidden until record is saved.
- Only Show on New Record: Field will be exposed until record is saved, and then it will be hidden. This option is useful for fields that provide instructions for filling out forms before saving.
Special Options for Field
- Aggregated Function – Display a single summary value from the grid. See notes below.
- Visibility Condition: See the Visibility Condition Wiki page.
- Field Permission Matrix: See the Field Permission Matrix Wiki page.
- Field Formatting Options: See the Field Formatting Options Wiki page.
- Role - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by Role who is allowed to view and/or modify the field.
- Status - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the Status of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
- Type - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the template of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
The following syntax is used to display an aggregate function:
- Count(*) – counts the rows in the grid.
- Sum(fieldname) – sums a numeric field.
- Avg(fieldname) – averages a numeric field.
Only one aggregate function can be used. The aggregate function result will be displayed when the field is collapsed. This value can be reported on, but you cannot currently create a report based on the individual records.