- 1 General Information
- 2 Current Upgrade Package: March 2015
- 2.1 Global System Upgrades
- 2.1.1 Enhanced Multi-Level List Views
- 2.1.2 Extended Filter Functionality for Personal List Views
- 2.1.3 Extended Modern List View Functionality for Invoices
- 2.1.4 Added Button for Arcadia Navigation to List Views
- 2.1.5 Enhanced File Upload Field Refreshing
- 2.1.6 Enhanced XML Field Refreshing
- 2.1.7 Updated XML Custom Fields to Trigger Status Workflows
- 2.2 On-Demand System Upgrades
- 2.2.1 Enhanced Arcadia X Interface - Panels
- 2.2.2 Enhanced Arcadia X Interface - Aggregate Portal
- 2.2.3 New XML Display Variable
- 2.2.4 New Custom Field Caption Variable
- 2.2.5 Enhanced Ability to Trigger Workflows on Organizations and Contact Statuses
- 2.2.6 Enhanced Contact Sign-Up Page
- 2.2.7 Enhanced Ability to Assign Companies to UTA Objects
- 2.2.8 Enhanced Amount Standard Fields
- 2.2.9 Enhanced the Security of Company to Company Relationship Feature
- 2.1 Global System Upgrades
- 3 Previous Upgrades
- 4 Future Upgrades
Next Upgrade Dates
The next upgrade is scheduled for May 14th.
Upgrades are released on a bi-monthly basis.
The benefits of this approach are as follows:
- The upgrades will be performed in smaller batches.
- New features will come on-stream faster, as we can fast track key enhancements into early updates.
A list of planned upgrade dates is available here: Future Upgrades.
We regularly update the list of upgrade features and schedule for both the backup and production servers on this Wiki page.
This page will provide a general overview of each upgrade, with links to the Wiki articles describing the new or updated features and how to use them. You can also subscribe to the Technical Journal that is sent out prior to each upgrade on the Newsletter Signup Page. (Unsubscribe here).
System Upgrade Process
The objective of the System Upgrade Process is to ensure that customers have a chance to review, without compromising the integrity of their production system, how their applications and information will work following the upgrade. In order to take advantage of this you will need to know how to access your backup instance of SmartSimple. If you need assistance with this either refer to the Backup Server and Testing Instances Wiki article, or contact the SmartSimple support desk.
For clients on a Dedicated Server, please review the SmartSimple Upgrade Process – Dedicated Server page.
Backup Server Update
- Each backup server will be updated to the "release candidate" prior to the upgrade date.
- This update will provide for instance specific testing of release candidate, as you can log into your respective backup server and test the changes against your most current data and configuration.
- Internal staff will also be using these servers to perform instance specific testing.
- Subject to satisfactory testing on both the pre-production server and the production backup servers, the go/no go decision will be made on Wednesday at 12:00pm.
Current Upgrade Package: March 2015
The following server will be upgraded on March 17th, 2015 at 10pm EST.
The following servers will be upgraded March 19th at 10pm local time.
- smartsimple.co.za (after 10pm Local Time)
Important: The upgrade will be applied to your backup server one week prior to the scheduled upgrade date for your production server. You are encouraged to log into your backup server during this period to test the changes against your most recent data and configuration.
If your organization has a dedicated SmartSimple server or you host in-house, SmartSimple will be in contact with your system administrator to schedule the upgrade of your server after March 19th.
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our March 2015 upgrade.
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the upgrade to your server:
Enhanced Multi-Level List Views
- Enhanced certain list views with the ability to easily display information from multiple levels. Specifically the Level 2 list view can now display Level 1 details, and Contact list views can now display Organization details.
Extended Filter Functionality for Personal List Views
- Extended the ability to attach personal filters to personal list views.
Extended Modern List View Functionality for Invoices
- Extended the modern list view functionality to be available for invoices.
- New view list button introduced within object views in Arcadia to easily navigate back to your list views.
Enhanced File Upload Field Refreshing
- Enhanced file upload fields to automatically refresh the file list display after upload without the need to re-save the object.
Enhanced XML Field Refreshing
- Enhanced Read Only – System Variables type custom fields on the object to refresh after saving an XML field. This will eliminate the need to re-save the object in order to display the changes made to an XML field.
Updated XML Custom Fields to Trigger Status Workflows
- Update XML custom fields to now automatically trigger status workflows when the XML custom field is configured to create/edit Level 2 or Level 3 child objects.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator:
Enhanced Arcadia X Interface - Panels
- New ability to configure multiple column layouts in Arcadia X portal design.
Enhanced Arcadia X Interface - Aggregate Portal
- Enhanced the Arcadia X portal with the ability to display multiple role portals in an aggregate view.
- Extended the configuration of Arcadia X sections into a central area for easy setup.
New XML Display Variable
- New variable syntax allows you to easily render the HTML formatted display of an XML field.
- Syntax is per section @xml.[fieldname].[section nodename].html@
New Custom Field Caption Variable
- New variable syntax to be able to retrieve the caption of a custom field.
- This can be done by referencing @[fieldname].caption@ or @#[fieldid].caption#@
Enhanced Ability to Trigger Workflows on Organizations and Contact Statuses
- New ability for organization and contact workflows to now trigger on status change. Workflows triggered on status change will run after any current existing workflows that trigger on new/modified.
Enhanced Contact Sign-Up Page
- Enhanced contact sign-up page to enable the ability to add a confirm email input.
Enhanced Ability to Assign Companies to UTA Objects
- New workflow task types introduced with the ability to associate companies to UTA objects.
Enhanced Amount Standard Fields
- Enhanced the Level 2 amount standard field to allow the entry of negative numbers as well as ability to display with currency formatting.
Enhanced the Security of Company to Company Relationship Feature
- Enhanced the company to company relationship feature with greater security control.
- More updates for more granular control are upcoming in a future release
See the Previous Upgrades page for a list of previously-implemented upgrade features.
Click here for a listing of future upgrade dates.