Difference between revisions of "Upgrades"
(→Current Upgrade Package: May 2015)
(→Next Upgrade Dates)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
===Next Upgrade Dates===
===Next Upgrade Dates===
The next upgrade is scheduled for '''
The next upgrade is scheduled for ''''''.
Revision as of 09:29, 4 June 2015
- 1 General Information
- 2 Current Upgrade Package: May 2015
- 2.1 Global System Upgrades
- 2.2 On-Demand System Upgrades
- 2.2.1 New Budget Allocation Manager
- 2.2.2 New Ability to Rearrange Standard and Custom Fields On Signup Page
- 2.2.3 New Ability to Align Submit Buttons
- 2.2.4 Extended New List View Builder
- 2.2.5 New Ability to Create Level 2 activities based on Level 1 UTA Contact Role Assignment
- 2.2.6 Enhanced Ability to Change UTA Role of a Contact Via a Workflow Task
- 2.2.7 New Workflow Task to Trigger Signority
- 2.2.8 Enhanced Custom Field Alignment
- 2.2.9 Enhancement to Restriction on UTA Company/ Contact Associations
- 2.2.10 Enhanced Delayed Workflow Tasks
- 2.2.11 Enhanced Workflow Triggering
- 2.2.12 New Ability to Hide 'Sort By' for List Views
- 2.2.13 Extended Level 3 List View for Arcadia UTA View
- 2.3 Beta Previews
- 3 Previous Upgrades
- 4 Future Upgrades
Next Upgrade Dates
The next upgrade is scheduled for July 23rd.
Upgrades are released on a bi-monthly basis.
The benefits of this approach are as follows:
- The upgrades will be performed in smaller batches.
- New features will come on-stream faster, as we can fast track key enhancements into early updates.
A list of planned upgrade dates is available here: Future Upgrades.
We regularly update the list of upgrade features and schedule for both the backup and production servers on this Wiki page.
This page will provide a general overview of each upgrade, with links to the Wiki articles describing the new or updated features and how to use them. You can also subscribe to the Technical Journal that is sent out prior to each upgrade on the Newsletter Signup Page. (Unsubscribe here).
System Upgrade Process
The objective of the System Upgrade Process is to ensure that customers have a chance to review, without compromising the integrity of their production system, how their applications and information will work following the upgrade. In order to take advantage of this you will need to know how to access your backup instance of SmartSimple. If you need assistance with this either refer to the Backup Server and Testing Instances Wiki article, or contact the SmartSimple support desk.
For clients on a Dedicated Server, please review the SmartSimple Upgrade Process – Dedicated Server page.
Backup Server Update
- Each backup server will be updated to the "release candidate" prior to the upgrade date.
- This update will provide for instance specific testing of release candidate, as you can log into your respective backup server and test the changes against your most current data and configuration.
- Internal staff will also be using these servers to perform instance specific testing.
- Subject to satisfactory testing on both the pre-production server and the production backup servers, the go/no go decision will be made on Wednesday at 12:00pm.
Current Upgrade Package: May 2015
The following server was upgraded on March 26th, 2015 at 10pm EST.
The following servers were upgraded March 28th at 10pm local time.
- smartsimple.co.za (after 10pm Local Time)
Important: The upgrade will be applied to your backup server one week prior to the scheduled upgrade date for your production server. You are encouraged to log into your backup server during this period to test the changes against your most recent data and configuration.
If your organization has a dedicated SmartSimple server or you host in-house, SmartSimple will be in contact with your system administrator to schedule the upgrade of your server after June 11th.
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our May 2015 upgrade.
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the upgrade to your server:
Updated Internal Configuration Pages and Templates
- Enhanced certain internal configuration pages with updated look and feel for increased consistency, functionality, and ease-of-use. The custom fields configuration page has been centralized and will no longer be accessible underneath the UTA Template/Type settings. Instead the Template/Type specific custom fields have been migrated to the general custom fields page.
Changed Workflow Email 'Save As' Event To Save Onto Object
- Updated the 'Save as' event option within workflow email acknowledgement tasks to attach the email event to the workflow object instead of directly to the user. The user will still be associated to the email event and as such you will now be able to reference the email event from both the UTA object as well as the individual users.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator:
New Budget Allocation Manager
- New easy to set up and use budget allocations. The interface for the end users has been standardized and presents a simple screen for entering payments. The ability to allocate payments towards specific budgets has now been built into the platform to allow administrators to easily set up complex budget allocation and attribution models for their users
New Ability to Rearrange Standard and Custom Fields On Signup Page
- New signup page configuration allows for easier configuration and maintenance of signup pages. You ca now select exactly which fields to appear on the signup page and they will automatically draw their settings from the configuration of the field (i.e. mandatory validation, custom validation, caption text, etc.)
New Ability to Align Submit Buttons
- Enhanced submit buttons with the ability to horizontally align left, center or right instead of always being center aligned.
Extended New List View Builder
- Extend the latest list view builder functionality to consumer/provider list views.
New Ability to Create Level 2 activities based on Level 1 UTA Contact Role Assignment
- New workflow task types give you the ability to automatically batch create UTA Level 2 activities for any user associated to the Level 1. The Create New Activity workflow task has been updated to include a setting to specify users associated to the Level 1 with a specific role.
- The Create New Activity workflow task has been made available for the UTA Role Assignment workflow type to be able to automatically create a new Level 2 upon associating a contact to the Level 1.
Enhanced Ability to Change UTA Role of a Contact Via a Workflow Task
- The workflow task type for People Association has been enhanced to be able to remove as well as change the user's associated role to a UTA object.
New Workflow Task to Trigger Signority
- New workflow task type gives users the ability to automatically trigger a signature request through our Signority partner.
Enhanced Custom Field Alignment
- Enhanced custom fields with the ability to right align their input content.
Enhancement to Restriction on UTA Company/ Contact Associations
- We have extended the ability to restrict the number of contact associations for UTA Level 1s down to the Level 2s.
- We have also added the ability to restrict the umber of company associations as well.
Enhanced Delayed Workflow Tasks
- Enhanced delayed workflow tasks that gives you the ability to specify the time that they should trigger. Currently, you can only trigger workflows by date.
Enhanced Workflow Triggering
- Enhanced the ability to trigger a workflow to the custom list view export functionality for all the records exported. This will allow more flexibility and customization by allowing any existing workflow action to apply to each record as they're exported.
New Ability to Hide 'Sort By' for List Views
- New ability in Arcadia X section to hide the sort function of a list view.
Extended Level 3 List View for Arcadia UTA View
- Extended the availability of Level 3 list views to the Arcadia UTA view.
The following features are available for beta preview. For a sneak peek, please contact your SmartSimple administrator for more information.
New Interactive Report View
- New interactive view of reports allows users to manipulate the display of report data, with the ability to filter, group, and aggregate the data dynamically and on demand. Users can see their the data the way they want to easily.
New SmartCheck Validation Functionality
- We're introducing a new feature called SmartCheck Validation. For end users, this means an improved user experience when submitting forms, with a better display of validation errors and ease of navigating through them.
- For administrators, this means improved ease of configuration and maintenance, with a centralized area for configuring form validation and the ability to attribute the same validation to multiple submit buttons and status changes.
See the Previous Upgrades page for a list of previously-implemented upgrade features.
Click here for a listing of future upgrade dates.