Difference between revisions of "Upgrades"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
===Next Upgrade Dates===
===Next Upgrade Dates===
The next upgrade is scheduled for '''
The next upgrade is scheduled for ''''''.
Revision as of 10:59, 13 March 2015
- 1 General Information
- 2 Current Upgrade Package: January 2015
- 2.1 Global System Upgrades
- 2.1.1 Enhanced Arcadia Interface
- 2.1.2 Updated Menu Options
- 2.1.3 Enhanced Custom List View Export
- 2.1.4 New Adjustable List View Column Widths
- 2.1.5 New Fixed Column Headings in Reports
- 2.1.6 Enhanced Recurring Event Updates
- 2.1.7 Enhanced Duplicate Check for Additional Fields
- 2.2 On-Demand System Upgrades
- 2.3 Beta Previews
- 2.1 Global System Upgrades
- 3 Previous Upgrades
- 4 Future Upgrades
Next Upgrade Dates
The next upgrade is scheduled for May 14th.
Upgrades are released on a bi-monthly basis.
The benefits of this approach are as follows:
- The upgrades will be performed in smaller batches.
- New features will come on-stream faster, as we can fast track key enhancements into early updates.
A list of planned upgrade dates is available here: Future Upgrades.
We regularly update the list of upgrade features and schedule for both the backup and production servers on this Wiki page.
This page will provide a general overview of each upgrade, with links to the Wiki articles describing the new or updated features and how to use them. You can also subscribe to the Technical Journal that is sent out prior to each upgrade on the Newsletter Signup Page. (Unsubscribe here).
System Upgrade Process
The objective of the System Upgrade Process is to ensure that customers have a chance to review, without compromising the integrity of their production system, how their applications and information will work following the upgrade. In order to take advantage of this you will need to know how to access your backup instance of SmartSimple. If you need assistance with this either refer to the Backup Server and Testing Instances Wiki article, or contact the SmartSimple support desk.
For clients on a Dedicated Server, please review the SmartSimple Upgrade Process – Dedicated Server page.
Backup Server Update
- Each backup server will be updated to the "release candidate" prior to the upgrade date.
- This update will provide for instance specific testing of release candidate, as you can log into your respective backup server and test the changes against your most current data and configuration.
- Internal staff will also be using these servers to perform instance specific testing.
- Subject to satisfactory testing on both the pre-production server and the production backup servers, the go/no go decision will be made on Wednesday at 12:00pm.
Current Upgrade Package: January 2015
The following server was upgraded on January 27th, 2015 at 10pm EST.
The following servers were upgraded January 29th at 10pm local time.
- smartsimple.co.za (after 10pm Local Time)
Important: The upgrade will be applied to your backup server one week prior to the scheduled upgrade date for your production server. You are encouraged to log into your backup server during this period to test the changes against your most recent data and configuration.
If your organization has a dedicated SmartSimple server or you host in-house, SmartSimple will be in contact with your system administrator to schedule the upgrade of your server after November 20th.
Watch this video to get a general overview of the new features in our January 2015 upgrade.
Global System Upgrades
The new features listed below are enhancements to the SmartSimple system and will be immediately available to SmartSimple users upon the application of the upgrade to your server:
Enhanced Arcadia Interface
The Arcadia interface has undergone several user interface changes for an improved user experience.
- Replaced the list view search functionality with quick search. This allows you to easily search all the available columns in your list view without needing to select specific fields. Various search options and advanced search have been consolidated into the quick search box to provide greater screen real estate.
- Updated the menu and footer bars to provide greater screen real estate. The footer bars have been removed and the People Online window has been moved to within the Tools -> Quick Messages screen. The title bar has been removed and instead the title text is now displayed in the top menu header, and the header menus have been shifted to be right-aligned.
- Updated the action bar to be more consistent and persistent across various screens and objects. A new Back button has been introduced into this bar for ease of navigation. The Recent list has been moved into the action bar beside the Back button and is indicated by the icon
Updated Menu Options
- Updates have been made to the menu options for improved consolidation and ease of navigation. The previous Communications menu has been renamed to Tools and various applications such as Email Broadcast, SmartFolders...etc. have been moved into this menu.
Enhanced Custom List View Export
- Enhanced list view functionality with the ability to specify custom export templates to allow for greater flexibility and ease of exporting.
New Adjustable List View Column Widths
- Enhanced list view functionality allows for adjustable column widths. Administrators can set default column widths for list views while every user can further adjust the columns widths to their personal liking.
New Fixed Column Headings in Reports
- Enhanced Reports with fixed floating headers now.
Enhanced Recurring Event Updates
- Enhanced the recurring events in the calendar with the ability to bulk update the assigned contacts.
Enhanced Duplicate Check for Additional Fields
- Updated Duplicate Check functionality to be able to target all custom fields. Previously, not all custom fields were available for selection.
On-Demand System Upgrades
The following features are also available immediately with the application of the upgrade, but must first be enabled or configured by a System Administrator:
New Statuses for Companies and Contacts
- Extended the status standard field and functionality to Companies and Contacts. This allows for stronger validation via submit logic validation.
New Customized Naming of MS Word Merge Documents
- New ability to dynamically generate the name of MSWord Merge documents at run time.
New Import Interface for Autoloader Imports
- New import wizard page for uploading files into SmartFolders connected to Autoloader imports.
Updated Save Splash Screen
- The SmartSimple save in progress splash screen has been changed to a more generic animation.
The following features are available for beta preview. For a sneak peek, please contact your SmartSimple administrator for more information.
New Custom Field Versioning
- New custom field version feature introduces the ability to create different versions of UTA fields.
- Snapshots can be taken of different custom field configurations within a UTA and activated at a desired time. Objects will then be viewed or edited in the context of the snapshot in which they were created.This will allow you to easily maintain historic versions of applications as you make changes to the current application.
New Ability to Change Order of Standard Fields
- New ability to change the order of standard fields. They can now be arranged amongst custom fields.
See the Previous Upgrades page for a list of previously-implemented upgrade features.
Click here for a listing of future upgrade dates.