Previous Upgrade: November 2011
The following features were implemented as part of the upgrade cycle which commenced in November 2011
Click on any hyper-linked heading to go to the associated Wiki article for detailed information
- The maximum number of password changes a user can make within a 24 hour period can be defined. This is to prevent users bypassing the password history restriction by changing their password repeatedly to return to a previously used password.
- A new Global Setting to prevent use of the exlogin external login short-cut.
- Advanced Search: A more powerful search facility can now be enabled to replace the right-hand search panel within Contacts, Companies and the Universal Tracking Application. The Advanced search enables quick and easy input of multiple criteria including AND, OR and NOT operands.
- XML Section Builder: An automated tool to facilitate creation of XML tables such as budget templates etc.
- Auto-close on set password page: after setting a password for a contact the confirmation window will auto-close in 3 seconds
- Language Library: Labels within the system can be custom translated using the Language Library, accessible from Global Settings. The same label can be given different translations for each specific page within the system
Contacts and Accounts
- A new setting to flag a role as a UTA Role only. Enabling the setting will hide the role from Able to Set and Roles & Access page where it is not required.
- New variable syntax to use role name instead of roleid to determine if a contact has a given role: @object.inRole(Rolename)@
- Example: @owner.inRole(Researcher)@
- DO NOT use quotes around the role name in brackets.
- Ability to initiate a duplicate check while viewing a contact or company record. This can be enabled via Advanced Logic
- Group e-mail Ad hoc e-mail broadcasts can be sent from the contact search list view using this feature, enabled via Advanced Logic
- Sign-up pages can be configured to Use Internal Formatting, so the formatting and functionality of the sign-up page will reflect the display and operation of the internal pages.
- The pipe (|) can now be used as a column delimiter when importing contact or accounts.
- Track Changes setting on the Contacts standard field to audit addition and removal of contacts on a Level 1 record.
- Level 1 Statuses can now be limited to show only the Submit button.
- When copying a Level 2 the contacts and/or companies in the multiple contact/company lists (if enabled) can now be copied with the record.
- Deleted Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 records can be restored by Global User Administrators
- Batch Update can now be used to remove contacts or companies by role. Additionally a given contact (or company) can be replaced in batches with a new contact (or company).
- This will allows reassignment of records from one contact to another if a team or staff member changes.
- Disable Default Date setting at Level 1 so the startdate, starttime, enddate and endtime will be blank on new records
- Level 1 branch standard field can be configured to manifest as an Ajax search with a lookup button instead of a combo box.
- Open Level 1 records in Edit mode: When defining the List View at Level 1 there is a new setting to determine whether the Level 1 records should open in Edit mode rather than View Mode.
- UTA Consumer/Provider Enhancements
- Level 2 records can act as Providers
- UTA Consumer records can be accessed as variables
- When adding a UTA Provider to a Level 1 record, the Provider can be associated with a defined Role, in the same manner as Contacts and Companies are assigned to a Level 1 record. Similarly custom fields can be added to record the properties specific to the association of the Provider and Consumer.
- Branching Workflows. A logical statement can be added to workflow connectors. This will enable workflows to branch based on conditional statements. For example: if a workflow request is triggered for a request exceeding $100,000 it will be sent to Senior Management for approval, while requests under $100,000 will take a different path.
- Workflow History: a Manager Permission will enable a tab on Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 to display the history of workflows triggered on the entity.
- Workflow Request re-assignment: workflow requests (Request for Approval or Request for Comment) can be reassigned on the Pending Task list view.
- Global Report Template can be defined to automatically add headers and footers to all reports
- Advanced Excel Export settings allow you to use an Excel file in a SmartFolder as a template
- An HTML template can be custom defined for reports that prompt for criteria using the ??? syntax. @arg1@, @arg1.label@, @arg1.id@, @submitbutton@, @fileexportbutton@ and @exportbutton@ can be used on this page.
- Setting to mark a report as Do Not Rebuild to prevent accidentally overwriting customized report template settings. This setting causes a pop-up confirmation when you open report builder.
- For reports that prompt for criteria, the criteria entered can be referenced in customized report templates using this syntax: @args[field id]@
- Confirm on delete of a report.
- Last Search option for Contact search, Company search and Level 2 / Level 3 searches
- The Applicant Tracking built-in application can now be renamed. This will facilitate its use as a Volunteer tracking system.
- Workflow IDs will be shown in the list of workflows to facilitate configuration
- Global Advanced Logic to control View/Edit on contact records
- Global Advanced Logic to hide the Organization Chart on company records
- Global Advanced Logic to remove the hyperlinks on the e-mail field and phone number field on contacts and account
- The access level a contact has been given (No Access, User Centric Interface, Administrator or Portal Interface) can be accessed using variables @accesstypeid@ and @accesstype@
- Autoloader Encoding When autoloading from CSV files you can now specify if the CSV file is encoded as UTF-8 or UTF-16 to facilitate special characters.