Deprecated - Custom Field Type: Creation – Creation Date
|This feature is deprecated and should no longer be used, but may still be available for reasons of backwards compatibility.|
Displays the date/time stamp for the creation date of the entity.
|Custom Field ID||The unique ID number associated with the custom field.||Not Applicable|
|Field Type||The list of available Field Types.||@fieldtype@|
|Field Name||The name of the field, used internally to reference the user's input;||@fieldname@|
|Caption||The leading question or prologue before the field.||@caption@|
|Display Order||The order (relative to other fields) in which this field is displayed.||@displayorder@|
|Description||Definition and general description of the custom field. Will not be displayed.||@description@|
- Searchable: This field can be searched within the tracking application.
- Hide Field: Field will be hidden.
- Label Display: Determines the location of the field caption. Options include: Left of Field, Above Field, No Caption, Hide Caption. Note: this option was previously called Label Display. (See examples here.)
- On New Record: Controls how the field should be displayed until record has been saved once.
- Always Display: Field will be exposed both before and after the record is saved.
- Hide on New Record: Field will be hidden until record is saved.
- Only Show on New Record: Field will be exposed until record is saved, and then it will be hidden. This option is useful for fields that provide instructions for filling out forms before saving.
- SmartField View - Include or exclude this field from SmartField Views (@SmartFields@) or only display this field for SmartField Views. See SmartField View for further details.
- Visibility Condition: See the Visibility Condition Wiki page.
- Field Permission Matrix: See the Field Permission Matrix Wiki page.
- Value Storage: Enables linking two different custom fields to the same user data. See Value Stores To page.
- Field Formatting Options: See the Field Formatting Options Wiki page.
- Role - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by Role who is allowed to view and/or modify the field.
- Status - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the Status of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
- Type - Field Permissions: These settings allow you to control by the template of the record whether or not the field can be viewed and/or modified. (Only present within the Universal Tracking Application)
The Creation Date is set to when the field is first visible on the page. Therefore, system administrators can create a "date/time stamp" by making the field visible only at a certain status or by using Visibility Conditions.
If the Creation Date field is added after the record has been created, then the date will be set to the first time the record is saved.