Custom Field Type: Text Box - Text Multiple Lines
Text box consisting of one or more lines of text.
Note: Field can hold a maximum length of 16,777,215 (2^24 - 1) characters.
All common options:
Permissions & Availability
For further information, please refer to Custom Fields – General Information.
Options listed below are specific to this particular field type.
- Default Text: The default text that will appear in the text box
- Enable Note Entry Mode: When enabled, this will show the history of the previous values saved in the multi-line text field in a table below the field. It will show the name of the user who entered the value and a time-stamp of when the value was entered. When this option is enabled, any value saved in the field will be cleared from the input text area of the field.
- History date format: This option will allow formatting of the date format in the history. Only exposed when Enable Note Entry Mode is set.
- History time format: This option will allow formatting of the time format in the history. Only exposed when Enable Note Entry Mode is set.
- Maximum Length: Sets the maximum length of the text entry.
- Show Counter determines whether a counter will be shown to the user.
- Count Words sets the counter to count words (instead of characters, the default).
- Exceeded Maximum Message: Message the user will see when they reach the maximum length
Note Entry mode
When the Enable Note Entry Mode option is set against the field then, when the page is saved, any value entered against the field will be cleared from the input text area and added to the history section underneath.
The history section will show the name of the user who entered the value and a time-stamp of when the value was entered.