Difference between revisions of "Category:FAQ"
(→What is the User Bandwidth Requirement for using Platform3?)
|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 11:54, 29 July 2020
What is the User Bandwidth Requirement for using Platform3?
User Bandwidth Requirements
Platform3 has been designed to use as little bandwidth as possible, so that you can use the system adequately with broadband, dial-up, and wireless connections.
Platform3 supports compression as defined in the HTTP 1.1 standard to compress the HTML content before it is transmitted as data across the Internet to a user's computer.
- This compression often reduces the amount of transmitted data to as little as 10KB per page viewed due to the lack of image content. Platform3 was designed with minimum bandwidth requirements in mind, hence the extensive use of colour coding instead of images. It is best to measure any page that has been customized, especially if complex components have been added to the page, to get an accurate measurement of the page size.
- Platform3 is stateless, so there are no communication requirements in the background, once the page loads and no additional bandwidth is required until the user sends a request or information back to Platform3.
- Other commonly used programs place a much higher demand on Internet bandwidth. For instance, email, email attachments, streaming videos, can all place a much greater strain on the available bandwidth.
- The application of the formula "peak bandwidth / number of users = average bandwidth per user" does not accurately portray the average bandwidth usage by the average user at SmartSimple. Platform3 handles considerably more transactions per second in aggregate from all our clients than any one individual client would see from their end.
In summary, it is difficult to specify client bandwidth because of the nature of the Internet and individual client usage. Network latency, peering issues, bandwidth at upstream providers, users using their Internet connections for other purpose besides Platform3 etc. will affect the perceived performance of the connection. SmartSimple recommends engaging a networking professional to help measure, allocate, and monitor appropriate bandwidth and networking resources.
Pages in category ‘FAQ’
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- How Calculated Custom Fields Work
- How do I change the styles on a custom field?
- How do I create a hyperlink from a company lookup?
- How do I create a report that returns within a range of the user input?
- How do I create informational tooltips on the page?
- How do I disable Internet-enabled webforms?
- How do I do a count using a sum?
- How do I format while trying to Average?
- How do I improve my search effectiveness?
- How do I make my report accept user prompts with built-in wild cards?
- How do I put Custom Fields on a Job Page?
- How do I reset someone's password?
- How do we track an individual associated with more than one organization: For example, is the CEO for one company and a board member at an alternate organization?
- How to create contacts with roles in portals?
- How to reference a column that is hidden
- What does the straight join option do?
- What Happens the First Time a User Logs In?
- What is the difference between a contact and an applicant?
- What is the Failed to create directory error message?
- What is the Spool Folder Setting in the Global Settings?
- What is the User Bandwidth Requirement for using Platform3?
- When I add new contacts to the system without specifying a company, I am not sure what company they are added to - Can I set a default company?
- When I use the Applicant Tracking application to add new applicants manually, I am not sure what folder they are added to - Can I set a default folder?
- When I use the Search People page to locate a company using the Account Name field the company is not displayed - how come?
- Why am I getting an Error 3, Empty page?
- Why am I not able to submit to HCAI via SmartSimple?
- Why can't I upload my Word Merge document?
- Why does SmartSimple use J2SDK rather than J2EE?
- Why is my field reading in the wrong contact information?
- Why is my image not showing up when I create a PDF in SmartSimple?
- Why is the Resume search returning different results than the Text Resume search?
- Why is the variable showing up blank?